PDA

View Full Version : The Pacific "PAKIT" reloader

Safeshot
03-29-2005, 02:24 AM
I tried the Pacific "PAKIT" reloader that was discussed in the "Is this the proper forum to discuss reloading equipment" Topic. The reloader performed quite well, was easy to accomplish all functions of reloading a cartridge, however it is "different" and slower than using a press and a set of reloading dies. The neck sizer rotates since it is forced over the neck by the action of the threads on the neck sizer "die" portion of the tool. Good sizing lube is needed for this operation to prevent "scuffing" of the neck, but, that is not a problem as long as good lube is used. Since it is a neck sizer it appears that it will load the .300 H&H Mag. as well as the .300 WHB Mag. cartridge. (The neck sizing "die" is adjustable with a "stop collar" to prevent affecting the shoulder.) It is a "neat" tool and appears that if it had been equipped with a few "extra parts" it could be adapted to load a large number of cartridge callibers. Too bad it is no longer manufactured.

vacek
08-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Understanding this is a very old thread, but almost got one of these on Ebay last week. Last minute I lost it. I would like to try out one of these either in .223, .308, or 303 Brit if there are any out there for sale.