PDA

View Full Version : 450 Bushmaster

peter72
07-14-2017, 09:26 PM
Did a search but nothing came up.
Has anyone made up there own brass from the parent case 284 win?
Other then trimming the top off and getting the length correct, are there any potential issues with doing this?
Also did some googling on case length trimmers and have sent Lee an email enquiring about a case length gauge or maybe it's a custom order only?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

BoolitSchuuter
11-05-2017, 08:56 AM
Did a search but nothing came up.
Has anyone made up there own brass from the parent case 284 win?
Other then trimming the top off and getting the length correct, are there any potential issues with doing this?
Also did some googling on case length trimmers and have sent Lee an email enquiring about a case length gauge or maybe it's a custom order only?

Sent from my SM-G900I using TapatalkGo to 450 Bushmaster forum. There are several discussions on forming 450 brass from several parent cases suggested. All have some sort of draw back. Even 284 brass has some minor issue. Don't recall exactly. Seems the 284 was used when making the 45 professional which was morphed into 450 Bushmaster by Remington.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

cowboybart
11-05-2017, 10:31 AM
Using heavy (long) bullets will require you to inside neck ream them. The brand of the brass will dictate which bullets will fit and which ones will need reaming. Guess you could outside ream them if you knew how much to take off. They would look a little funny until you fired them.