PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
07-05-2017, 06:56 AM
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

—1 Thessalonians 4:16–17

In Acts 8, we read that after Philip led the Ethiopian man to Christ, “the Spirit of the Lord caught Philip away” (verse 39). Philip wasn’t caught up to Heaven; he was removed to another place. With all the freeways in California, I wish God would repeat that miracle.

One day believers will be caught up to be with the Lord in the air. Then, when He comes back to the earth, we will return with Him. There is a difference between the rapture of the church and the second coming of Christ. The Rapture introduces the Tribulation. The Tribulation period follows the rapture of the church and concludes with the Second Coming. At the Rapture, Jesus comes for His church. At the Second Coming, He comes with His church. Colossians 3 says, “When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory” (verse 4).

Probably the most definitive verse on the Rapture, and the text from which we get the actual term rapture, is 1 Thessalonians 4, “For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord” (verses 16–17).

The Rapture will take place very quickly. In fact, the Bible says it will be “in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye” (1 Corinthians 15:52). The twinkling of an eye is said to last about one thousandth of a second. That means we should live each moment of our lives in expectation of the Lord’s return.

Boaz
07-05-2017, 02:55 PM
I have removed my comment , it was never meant to be involved in a debate and would not profit such . Thank you .

Blackwater
07-05-2017, 05:55 PM
The rapture is a concept that I have, unfortunately, never really thought I've ever really understood. Is it a figurative story? I find that hard to believe. And I know God has powers He's never yet shown us, so .... it must be pretty literal, I think. I may not understand it, but I DO believe it, and every other word of the Bible that I don't honestly understand the meaning of. In a way, it's really kind'a good to have things that yet mystify us. Maybe, if nothing else, it keeps us wondering, and thus, in awe of the Lord and all He has told us and done for us. I will always be in awe of our Master.

claude
07-05-2017, 06:45 PM
The rapture, although a very popular concept, is not one I ascribe credence to. I am of the belief that we are put here to do the Fathers work unto the end. Consequently, when Christ returns, I want to be the one that was left in the field working rather than the one taken in by the deception of the spurious messiah.

Preacher Jim
07-05-2017, 07:51 PM
Gentile folks I moved this here because it is a subject of discussion please discuss your thoughts

Ickisrulz
07-05-2017, 10:28 PM
Gentile folks I moved this here because it is a subject of discussion please discuss your thoughts

Can our Jewish friends join in too?

jmort
07-05-2017, 10:38 PM
Pre
Mid
I split the difference, Mid

GhostHawk
07-06-2017, 08:11 AM
Sorry but I have seen the arguments for pre trib, and post trib.

I lean towards mid myself like Jmort. In the end it matters not. When he calls I shall come wherever I am.

Here is why I believe the rapture will not come pre tribulation.

Mathew 24 "And unless those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved; but for the elect’s sake, those days shall be shortened."

So if the saved were all going to be raptured before being subject to the tribulation why does this verse exist in the Bible?

No, the fact is it does exist, therefor there is a reason for it to exist.

Therefor the rapture will not happen before the tribulation.

WE WILL BE TESTED.

We shall be known by our fruit. Those who help others, who love, who lift up shall be saved. Those who tear down, put down, judge, shall hear " I knew you not" and they shall be very disappointed. For in their minds they are christian. But are they living it?