PDA

View Full Version : An Infinite, Loving God

Wayne Smith
06-28-2017, 07:24 AM
Yes, God has many attributes, and a study of His attributes is basic to understanding Him. For this forum I would encourage all to meditate on His Infinity and His Love.

His infinity means, in part, that everything that I or you know about God is a small corner of an Infinite God. As long as our discussions do not cross his Righteousness - that which separates what is God from that which is not God (sin) - we should hopefully learn from one another, not fight with one another or condemn.

His Love? He said we would recognize one another by our love for one another. Keep that in mind.

Boaz
06-28-2017, 08:33 AM
Agreed Wayne , We have much more in common than not . This forum should be a place to exchange ideas....not having to be right or petty competition . A place to learn and to encourage one another .

Doubt Ill be contributing very much . There are many here more learned than me , I'm not too bright. Being as how I'm lacking I will come to read . May GOD work through us to build each other .

Blackwater
06-28-2017, 06:24 PM
Right on, Wayne! The "outside world" may keep their egos and "big guns" at the ready when discussing things, but it doesn't have to and can't be that way here. And most of us really ARE big enough and adult enough to know and accept that there'll be legitimate disagreement, and variance on perspective and conclusions. But if we conduct ourselves honorably, as Christ so sincerely encouraged us to, we may all learn a little something, even if it's only that there's more than one way to look at things. That alone is a significant finding, if only we make use of it properly.

Personally, I look forward to reading the words of those who are more well studied than I am. Let's get this show on the road!!!

claude
06-30-2017, 06:06 AM
Even Solomon, wisest of men, yet with a finite mind even as we possess, couldn't fathom the infinite. Which is not to say it isn't a worthwhile endeavor, quite the contrary.

(1 Kings 4:29-31) "¶ And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore. {30} And Solomon’s wisdom excelled the wisdom of all the children of the east country, and all the wisdom of Egypt. {31} For he was wiser than all men; than Ethan the Ezrahite, and Heman, and Chalcol, and Darda, the sons of Mahol: and his fame was in all nations round about."

With all his great wisdom, here for us is his final conclusion to we who live "under the sun".

(Ecclesiastes 12:13-14) "¶ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. {14} For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."

wv109323
06-30-2017, 11:12 PM
A wise man will realize that he can be wrong. 98% of Christian belief is the same. It is that 2% that drives us to be incompatible with each other.
I have heard it said" Most people can not show you in the Bible some of their beliefs nor will they believe what you show them".

shoot-n-lead
07-01-2017, 12:21 AM
Even Solomon, wisest of men, yet with a finite mind even as we possess, couldn't fathom the infinite. Which is not to say it isn't a worthwhile endeavor, quite the contrary.

(1 Kings 4:29-31) "¶ And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore. {30} And Solomon’s wisdom excelled the wisdom of all the children of the east country, and all the wisdom of Egypt. {31} For he was wiser than all men; than Ethan the Ezrahite, and Heman, and Chalcol, and Darda, the sons of Mahol: and his fame was in all nations round about."

With all his great wisdom, here for us is his final conclusion to we who live "under the sun".

(Ecclesiastes 12:13-14) "¶ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. {14} For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."

Great post...thanks.

Bzcraig
07-01-2017, 12:35 AM
Good stuff guys!