PDA

View Full Version : How to delete attachments?

GOPHER SLAYER
06-25-2017, 02:05 PM
I have asked this before without getting a satisfactory answer. When I go to my previous poets and click on attachments a page with the posts name on the left and a delete box on the right. I have some posts that do not have the delete box and getting more all the time. Could someone tell me why it happens and how to fix it?

Geezer in NH
06-25-2017, 03:05 PM
if in selling and swapping area the post got closed. Reopen the post delete pic attachments then reclose. Been that way. No edits on closed posts it seems to me.

GOPHER SLAYER
06-25-2017, 04:55 PM
I appreciate you responding Geezer but some of my posts are not in S&S and some go back two or three years. I tried doing what you say and it didn't work. What I would like to know is, why are there delete boxes on some boxes and not on others.

No_1
06-30-2017, 05:09 PM
I have asked this before without getting a satisfactory answer. When I go to my previous poets and click on attachments a page with the posts name on the left and a delete box on the right. I have some posts that do not have the delete box and getting more all the time. Could someone tell me why it happens and how to fix it?

Have you linked photos from a photo hosting site to your post? Can you provide a link to a post where you cannot delete your photos?

Robert

GOPHER SLAYER
07-02-2017, 01:17 PM
Have you linked photos from a photo hosting site to your post? Can you provide a link to a post where you cannot delete your photos?

Robert I do not have a photo hosting site other than my computer. My problem is the omission for whatever reason of the delete box on the page that lists my attachments.

No_1
07-02-2017, 02:32 PM
I do not have a photo hosting site other than my computer. My problem is the omission for whatever reason of the delete box on the page that lists my attachments.

It appears you have 14 attachments. Is there a reason you wish to delete your attachments?

GOPHER SLAYER
07-03-2017, 01:19 PM
It appears you have 14 attachments. Is there a reason you wish to delete your attachments? I have just deleted all attachments that had a delete box. I now have seven that do not have delete box. I would like those deleted. When I post something for sale and it sells I want to be able to delete the pictures but for some unknown reason there are some that do not have a delete box and the number keeps growing.

too many things
07-05-2017, 05:43 PM
i have the same problem, even when box is checked it will show back up

No_1
07-05-2017, 06:18 PM
If your attachments are part of a thread in an area which is a permanent part of the forum then they will end up staying. If your attachments are part of a thread in an area which is subject to 30 day deletion then they will eventually go away on their own.

Robert