PDA

View Full Version : old service buddys comming on monday

Lloyd Smale
06-24-2017, 06:31 AM
haven't seen him since 1977. He stayed in and retired a cheif (like I should have). Bit nervous its been 40 years. Last he saw me I was a strapping hard bodied 20 year old. Now ive got a paunch and a big bald spot:razz: Sure will be nice to sit and reminisce about the good old days.

CastingFool
06-24-2017, 06:56 AM
Don't worry, he'll have changed, too, and you'll have a good time reminiscing. I have an old Army buddy that we stay in contact, too. We met about 45 yrs ago, when we were assigned to the same unit. He tracked me down through the unit's alumni association. He stayed in and eventually retired. He and his wife do a lot of traveling, and he stopped by a couple of years ago. It was good to see him again. We text and send pics often.

lightman
06-24-2017, 08:07 AM
I'm sure he has changed too. Have a good time!

Nueces
06-24-2017, 09:47 AM
I bet y'all will start right in talking as if you had seen each other yesterday.

Bzcraig
06-24-2017, 10:35 AM
Enjoy your time with him!

WILCO
06-24-2017, 10:49 AM
I bet y'all will start right in talking as if you had seen each other yesterday.

Funny how that works.

WILCO
06-24-2017, 10:50 AM
Enjoy your time with him!

Yep. It's a gift.

Lloyd Smale
06-27-2017, 05:13 AM
we had a great visit. We both stirred up memorys that were forgot by each other. Funny how it works. I remember when my dad told me the day I left for the service that the friends I met in the military would be much stronger freindships then any in the civilian world. He was no doubt right on that. Something about the comradery that service life brings. Told him when he left that id sell every toy and every gun I have to be able to go back in time for just one month to feel that comradery just one more time.