PDA

View Full Version : Crosman 1377 (early birthday present)

35 shooter
06-23-2017, 11:29 PM
Picked up a 1377 at Walmart today. I've been researching it and the 1322 for months.
My brother in Co. called the other day to say he had bought one, and that was the final straw.

I love my 392, but i have to say, if i'd bought this first, i may have just added a shoulder stock to it and called it good lol.
Wish my chrony was working, but it's shooting pretty much as advertised with crosman hp's judging by how quickly the pellets hit the target at 20 yds.
I can see the iron(plastic) sights on this gun much better than i could on the 392 . I've seen lots of complaints about the sights on line, but i have no complaints at all.

I bought it at Walmart for 2 reasons....cheapest price i've seen at a few pennies less than $50.00, and so i could look at different ones in their blister pack and make sure the front sight was on straight and not leaning to one side.
This one is perfect as is the one they have left.

It was pretty dry on the pump mechanism out of the box, so i oiled her up and started shooting.
First 2 shots were side by side about a half inch apart and the third was center of those and an inch high at 20 yds. and about an inch high above point of aim.
I shot a couple more 3 shot groups like that while centering the sights and after about 15 shots it really started to group tight.

With the rear sight in it's lowest setting it's about 5/8" high at 20 yds. after about 20 shots and pretty much right on top of the sight with 5 pumps. I got some 1/2" groups with it before dark, then came inside and started shooting down the hall at about 9 yds.
1/2" groups with this pistol just resting it on the arm of a chair is no problem at all.

It does retain the slightest bit of air on 5 or 10 pumps(you can barely tell it after firing a pellet and then just cocking the bolt and shooting again.) Doesn't seem to have any difference in that slight amount whether it's 5 pumps or ten. It's certainly not hurting the accuracy.
Hoping it will stop doing that as it breaks in more.

This one will be my truck gun for sure. Gotta get a zippered pouch for it though.

rockshooter
06-24-2017, 01:16 AM
put the shoulder stock on- makes a real nice short rifle- and 2 of them can fit in a skateboard case!
Loren

Multigunner
06-24-2017, 02:18 AM
This pistols really come into their own when the shoulder stock is mounted.
I wasn't impressed by the striking power in .177 so I ordered a OEM 24" .22 barrel, which I found on sale for about 1/3 the regular price, for mine intending to cut it back to 14 inches, but the accuracy and power plus the quietness of the full length barrel was too nice to mess with. Very nearly a tack driver even with the primitive aperture sight.
Had to order a .22 bolt which came with a new OEM plastic breech, also a new front plug with band and a press on ramp front sight.
Bought another lightly used 24 inch barrel dirt cheap, I may shorten it and mount it at least temporarily later on. Perhaps trying an 18" length first and perhaps a 14" if I'm not happy at 18".

I intend to order a metal breech with dovetail for mounting a scope later on.

Once you get started modding these its hard to stop. Ordering a custom shop version with the features you want is the cheapest way to go.

melloairman
06-24-2017, 09:58 PM
Picked up a 1377 at Walmart today. I've been researching it and the 1322 for months.
My brother in Co. called the other day to say he had bought one, and that was the final straw.

I love my 392, but i have to say, if i'd bought this first, i may have just added a shoulder stock to it and called it good lol.
Wish my chrony was working, but it's shooting pretty much as advertised with crosman hp's judging by how quickly the pellets hit the target at 20 yds.
I can see the iron(plastic) sights on this gun much better than i could on the 392 . I've seen lots of complaints about the sights on line, but i have no complaints at all.

I bought it at Walmart for 2 reasons....cheapest price i've seen at a few pennies less than $50.00, and so i could look at different ones in their blister pack and make sure the front sight was on straight and not leaning to one side.
This one is perfect as is the one they have left.

It was pretty dry on the pump mechanism out of the box, so i oiled her up and started shooting.
First 2 shots were side by side about a half inch apart and the third was center of those and an inch high at 20 yds. and about an inch high above point of aim.
I shot a couple more 3 shot groups like that while centering the sights and after about 15 shots it really started to group tight.

With the rear sight in it's lowest setting it's about 5/8" high at 20 yds. after about 20 shots and pretty much right on top of the sight with 5 pumps. I got some 1/2" groups with it before dark, then came inside and started shooting down the hall at about 9 yds.
1/2" groups with this pistol just resting it on the arm of a chair is no problem at all.

It does retain the slightest bit of air on 5 or 10 pumps(you can barely tell it after firing a pellet and then just cocking the bolt and shooting again.) Doesn't seem to have any difference in that slight amount whether it's 5 pumps or ten. It's certainly not hurting the accuracy.
Hoping it will stop doing that as it breaks in more.

This one will be my truck gun for sure. Gotta get a zippered pouch for it though.
They are a good pistol with lots of after market parts available . They are made to retain a small amount of air in the valve after a shot . So there is not a problem with it . Not sure but your 392 might do the same thing . My old 140 was made that way as well . Enjoy Marvin

pcolapaddler
06-24-2017, 10:49 PM
I have a couple of these. Both have the steel breech mod. One was pushed up to .22 cal. with an 18 inch barrel and rifle stock. I can't use the original sights very well, so I bought a cheap 7x scope for the .22.

Fun to shoot. It's easy to become addicted to the modding thing. There are a bunch of after market and diy options for those so inclined

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

35 shooter
06-24-2017, 11:51 PM
Thanks for all the info and experience on the the 13xx pistols. I got in late from work tonight, so no daylight was left to shoot by...wanted to do some penatration tests.
i set a steel dog food can at 5yds. and shot with 10 pumps just using the porch light. A crosman premier hp went straight through both sides. At ten yds. 1 shot went all the way through, but the second only penetrated one side.
At 20 yds. i shot the bottom of the can turned endways and hit near the rim with 2 shots and neither penetrated, but put almost full pellet depth dents in it.
I believe crosman piranahs would go on through as they seem to be a bit harder alloy, but didn't have any in .177.
I set the can upright at 20 yds. and it did penetrate one side of it then.

This was an early birthday present from my gf, and i'm already thinking of getting myself another one(maybe in 22). Maybe keep one as is, and mod. the other one.
They are indeed neat little airguns. The accuracy of this little .177 blows me away. It's easily as accurate as any powder handgun i've ever owned...and i've owned some very good ones.

Multigunner
06-25-2017, 10:57 PM
They suggest no more than ten pumps but I always use at least twelve.
There have been numerous experiments on how many pumps can be used with a bone stock 13XX pistol and most conclude that twelve pumps are the limit of efficiency with the short pistol length barrels.
My action leaves no retained air after firing so I've found a noticeable increase in power with the 24" barrel up to 20 pumps, though I don't pump past twelve any more after those experiments.
At twelve pumps it puts a 14.3 gr pellet through two steel cans one inside the other, the exit holes often being the size of my thumb. Water filled aluminum cans explode.
It puts deep dents in expended camp gas cylinders like a hammer blow.

PS
The bottoms of steel food cans are a bit thicker and the steel has been less work hardened and brittle due to the manufacturing process. Often a .177 pellet can pass through both sides but not pass through the bottom.
Same goes for the drawn aluminum alloy food cans. The sides are weaker and more brittle than the bottoms.

One reason I determined to switch to .22 was that my 760 rifle out performed my 1377 even before I upgraded the 760. In .22 there's no comparison.

35 shooter
06-26-2017, 12:32 AM
Multigunner,

Yes i agree about the 22 having more punch for sure. However, i got the 1377 out in good daylight today and have to say, for a little 7.9 gr. hp barely making 600 fps,if that, i was impressed with it.

I didn't have another dogfood can, but at 40 yds. it was going through both sides of a Bush's Beans can.
At 50 yds. it would penetrate the front of the can, but the pellet was still in the can, but pretty well flattened. Pretty impressive for a stock pistol in .177.
Should be a 40 yd. small game gun as is.

I shot some groups from 21 yds. out to 50 yds. and the accuracy is certainly there. I was going to post some pics, but can't get the computer to cooperate tonight for some reason.
At 50 yds. the first shot(which i called a good shot)went 6" low for some reason, but the next 3 went into 1.390" about 3 1/2" low. That's with about a 5/8" high zero at 21 yds.

All the groups i shot with the iron sights on the little 1377 were pushing the groups i can shoot with a peep sight on my 392.

I WILL be ordering a shoulder stock for the 1377, and in fact, i may just go ahead and order a 1322 to go with it. Or maybe another 1377 just to play with modifications on.
Lol, i'm not changing a thing on the one i have now as long as it's shooting like this.

54bore
06-26-2017, 12:45 AM
The 1377 has caught my eye SEVERAL times at our local Wally world, i might just get one

35 shooter
06-26-2017, 01:41 AM
54bore,

After getting the 392 and seeing how accurate it was, i got tired of walking by the 1377's in the display case at Walmart and finally took a deep breath and got one.
Maybe i got lucky with the pellets, but all they had were daisy pointed, crosman pointed, and crosman hollow points.
I picked up a tin of crosman pointed and the hollow points. It does "ok" with the pointed, but thrives on the hp.

I still can't get my pics cropped for downloading tonight, but...
groups today were a .721" 3 shot at 21 yds., a 2 shot(just to see where it hit) at 30 yds. that went into .511", a 4 shot group at 40 yds.(because i pulled the 3rd shot up about 2", the other 3 went into .569", and then 3 in 1.390" at 50 yds.

I always hesitate to reccomend this gun or that, but from what i saw today, i'd have to say they just might be one of the best deals for the money out there.

I think it's just a matter of finding the right pellet with these little handguns,
which wasn't hard at all with this one.
I'm not the best shot in the world from offhand with a handgun, but from a rest, it's hard to miss with this thing.

I may well do more small game hunting this fall than deer hunting...can't wait!

54bore
06-26-2017, 01:49 AM
54bore,

After getting the 392 and seeing how accurate it was, i got tired of walking by the 1377's in the display case at Walmart and finally took a deep breath and got one.
Maybe i got lucky with the pellets, but all they had were daisy pointed, crosman pointed, and crosman hollow points.
I picked up a tin of crosman pointed and the hollow points. It does "ok" with the pointed, but thrives on the hp.

I still can't get my pics cropped for downloading tonight, but...
groups today were a .721" 3 shot at 21 yds., a 2 shot(just to see where it hit) at 30 yds. that went into .511", a 4 shot group at 40 yds.(because i pulled the 3rd shot up about 2", the other 3 went into .569", and then 3 in 1.390" at 50 yds.

I always hesitate to reccomend this gun or that, but from what i saw today, i'd have to say they just might be one of the best deals for the money out there.

I think it's just a matter of finding the right pellet with these little handguns,
which wasn't hard at all with this one.
I'm not the best shot in the world from offhand with a handgun, but from a rest, it's hard to miss with this thing.

I may well do more small game hunting this fall than deer hunting...can't wait!

35 shooter, Sounds like you got a shooter for sure!! What kind of real life velocity are these things getting?

35 shooter
06-26-2017, 02:10 AM
54bore,

My chrono is down due to gc going through the screen on it.
The few online reports i've seen on the new series(p1377) pretty well were 580 to 610 fps. with 7.9 gr. pellets.

All i can say for sure about mine for now, is that it's quick to the target, even at 50 yds. Lol, i don't think anything will have time to duck at that range.

I'm very tempted to go back to Walmart and pick up the other 1377 they had, and put a steel breech, shoulder stock, and scope on it.

As to how this one shoots....if i hadn't seen it with my own eyes today, i would have never believed they would have that kind of accuracy.

54bore
06-26-2017, 11:53 AM
54bore,

My chrono is down due to gc going through the screen on it.
The few online reports i've seen on the new series(p1377) pretty well were 580 to 610 fps. with 7.9 gr. pellets.

All i can say for sure about mine for now, is that it's quick to the target, even at 50 yds. Lol, i don't think anything will have time to duck at that range.

I'm very tempted to go back to Walmart and pick up the other 1377 they had, and put a steel breech, shoulder stock, and scope on it.

As to how this one shoots....if i hadn't seen it with my own eyes today, i would have never believed they would have that kind of accuracy.

35 Shooter, That is plenty of velocity for whacking vermin! If you don't get the other one, someone else will! Reading this thread has convinced me to get 1, Next time i am at Wally i will bring 1 of these home, will be a better fit for my in town back yard, my Nitro Venom Dusk is a bit more than needed here in my yard

35 shooter
06-26-2017, 09:29 PM
This is the 50 yd. target from yesterday. I shot at the black bull with a 6:oo hold and had the white paper taped under it to catch the drop at that range, which was about 3 1/2".
The first shot however, was 6" low. Could have been a bad pellet, or more likely me.
This is the 40 yd. and i did call the shot that went high, so shot 1 more for a 3 shot group, and it hit dead in the lower left hole lol. This little hangun will shoot!
I can't seem to get the others to download right now, so i'll try again later.

The 50 yd. 3 shot group was 1.390" and the 40 yd. was .569" for 3 shots discounting the one i pulled high...i called that shot.

35 shooter
06-26-2017, 11:24 PM
This is the 21 yd. target. The 3 shot group was shot with a 6:00 hold at bottom of target, and the 1 shot in the middle was with a half sight picture and 6:00 hold.
So for a squirrels head at that range, all i need is a 1/2 bead under his head...perfect!
The 3 shot group was .721", but will shoot much tighter at that range.198540
And finally, the 30 yd. 2 shot group i took just to see where it was hitting at that range. It measured .511"

Today, i did some further shooting to verify the drop at different ranges, and found i could see a black bullseye much better against the black front sight.
I could tell when i had the sight just right at 6:00 much better this way.

Shooting at black bullseyes, it's about 1" high at 20 yds., 3/4" high at 30 yds., dead center on top of the sight at 40 yds. and 3" low at 50 yds.
It was a very calm afternoon with little to no wind and everything was centered up nicely.
I can use a half sight picture at 20 to 30 yds. and a full sight picture at 40 yds., and about 1/8" of the front sight above the rear for dead on at 50 yds.

This thing will be a squirrel terminator with a shoulder stock, or just a good rest in handgun mode.

GhostHawk
06-27-2017, 08:10 AM
I have 2 of the 1322's bought both with the shoulder stock.

For indoor target work 3 pumps is plenty. It will put 5 in one ragged hole at 20 feet, smaller than a dime. Right now mine is sitting with a 3x Red Dot mounted on it.

Great little shooters, but they do run on muscle power so they get ignored a bunch.

I've never tried to kill a critter with mine but I have no doubt from 5 pumps up that it would do the job.

54bore
06-27-2017, 08:32 AM
Good shootin 35shooter!

35 shooter
06-27-2017, 10:10 PM
Thanks 54bore. I don't think you could go wrong with one of these!

GhostHawk, i find them easier and quicker to pump than the 392, so i don't mind the pumping too much.
For hunting i'll probably go for 10 pumps and head shots on small game, but have no doubts that 5 pumps will get the job done out to about 25 yds, or maybe even 30.

Like you, i like 3 to 5 pumps for indoors. i really like the feel of the shot cycle at 5 and 10 pumps.
Today was all about tin cans from 20 to 50 yds. and really learning the sight picture.
Lol, i have to keep this thing out of sight to keep from having to take a few shots everytime i pass by it.

melloairman
06-28-2017, 10:48 PM
You have a incurable illness . But a PCP will help you through it all .Marvin

35 shooter
06-29-2017, 01:33 AM
You have a incurable illness . But a PCP will help you through it all .Marvin

Lol, been thinking along those lines, but resisting so far.
A pcp in .25 cal. would be fun to hunt with.

Multigunner
06-29-2017, 04:56 AM
Crosman Custom Shop is having a 20% off with free shipping special on July 4th.

GhostHawk
06-29-2017, 08:16 AM
Don't do it, don't go to the dark side. Stay away from PCP.

Straight muscle powered airguns have several advantages.
They will always work. You do not need to buy an expensive air compressor capable of 2,000, 3,000 or more PSI. You do not need to buy bottles or tanks. You are not hooked into the system. Your not a cash cow for someone else to feed your addiction.

Pellets are not expensive, yet. Buy now, stack them wide, deep, and high.

If you shop around you can find good options at around 1 to 1.2 cents per shot.
That is cheaper than the glory days of .22lr.

But once you go to the dark side you will become spoiled.

Was easier to resist back when the PCP's were all 500$ plus. I noticed that airgunweb posted a youtube vid this morning of 4 under 300$ entry level PCP's.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

35 shooter
06-29-2017, 11:33 PM
Lol...the dark side huh? Yeah, i'm interested in all the exciting things going on in the air gun world. However, for now, i'm happy with my little pneumatic pumpers.
The power level on them can be boosted right up there with break bbls. with the right mods., but i kind of like them right where they're at.

The accuracy level of my 392 and the 1377 is amazing to me. I think it's going to be hard to beat them in that regard. Just wish i'd had them much sooner in life.

35 shooter
06-30-2017, 06:35 PM
Ordered a shoulder stock for the 1377. Should be here on the 3rd, which is perfect for my "Birthday present to myself". Probably won't leave it on all the time, but just want to try it.

If i like it, i'll probably order another 1377 with a steel breech, and put the stock and a scope on it, then start mods. for more power.

melloairman
06-30-2017, 09:34 PM
Lol...the dark side huh? Yeah, i'm interested in all the exciting things going on in the air gun world. However, for now, i'm happy with my little pneumatic pumpers.
The power level on them can be boosted right up there with break bbls. with the right mods., but i kind of like them right where they're at.

The accuracy level of my 392 and the 1377 is amazing to me. I think it's going to be hard to beat them in that regard. Just wish i'd had them much sooner in life.
Well it won't be long and you will be saying the say thing with a PCP in your hands .lol.Marvin

35 shooter
06-30-2017, 11:24 PM
Well it won't be long and you will be saying the say thing with a PCP in your hands .lol.Marvin
Yeah, i've got to get back to shooting my powder guns before i wind up with a closet full of these airguns. These things are addicting!!

Got out after the rain this afternoon, and had a ball just making tin cans jump around with both the1377 and the 392.

melloairman
07-01-2017, 09:48 PM
They make shooting affordable if you are a high volume shooter . You know a pcp air pistol like my 1701P that gets 80 shoots per fill would only require a hand pump and a few strokes to refill . Marvin

35 shooter
07-06-2017, 10:46 PM
Ordered a shoulder stock for the 1377 and recieved it today. Had to wait till after work to try it out.
It went on quick and easy and seemed rock solid with no play in the grip section at all.

I have to say i love this little pumper as a handgun, but like it equally as well as a carbine with the shoulder stock attached.
With my eye so close to the rear sight, it was a bit blurry. I'm sure if i had turned the sight over and used the other end with the peep, it would have solved that problem.
What really surprised me was i shot about 5" lower without adusting the sights at all, so it changed how i see the sights for sure, or maybe the angle of the sights.

I'm determined to use the regular rear sight with this one, and use it as a handgun, as it's just stupid accurate the way it is.

Sooooooo, i'm sure some of you will understand that, now that i've tried the shoulder stock and like it, i now have to get another 1377 or 1322
and use my shoulder stock to turn it into a carbine!:violin:

GhostHawk
07-07-2017, 08:27 AM
Peep sight works well for me for close range work.

I highly recommend the 1322 and the shoulder stock for a light weight easy to carry/pump varmint gun around the house.

.177 is fine for birds but for anything that wears fur IMO you are better off with a .22. For one pellet weighs about double. Even if you lose 100 fps compared to the .17 you still gain a lot of energy. Plus I think the .22 holds onto its energy downrange better.

Me I am funny, I had thousands of rounds and thousands of dead critters with Ol Blue in .20, so I am partial to it when it comes to killing. Carry's the same weight as the .22 but in a slightly faster platform. But in reality the differences are so small you can not really see them. Comes down to confidence.

When I put a 60$ truglo red dot on my 1322 when I first got it all of a sudden I had a target with 5 shots, one ragged hole 2/3rds the size of a dime. This was with the gun sitting in my palm and my hand was resting on the back of a padded computer chair.

No special attention was taken, I just loaded and fired 5. 3 pumps for power, at 20 feet you don't need much.

Iron sights are fine if your eyes can still do what they need to do at the range you are shooting. Mine no longer do so I have resorted to "cheating" with Red Dot sights and scopes. You do what you have to do to keep shooting.

I'm 65 this october, and with any luck will still be shooting in my 70's.
Lord when I can no longer shoot please take me home.
Thank you

35 shooter
07-07-2017, 11:29 PM
GhostHawk,

I turned 64 on the 3rd of this month, and i understand about iron sights and age.
I couldn't see the issue sights on my 392 very well at all, but a peep was much better.
For some reason i can still see the irons on a handgun "fairly" well, but a scope or red dot would be much better for me.

Your not cheating at all...we do what we have to as we age. No matter what sight arrangement we use, we still have to hold on target.
I'm for whatever kind of sight it takes to be able to do that.
Lol, the truth of it is....i need a scope on everything to see clearly now days.

I do like the shoulder stock and will eventually pick up another 13xx in the future and make a carbine out of it.
I'd like to add a steel breech and scope on the next one. May do a few internal mods. and add a longer bbl. on it.

I may wind up with a steel breech and maybe a scope on the one i have now, but i intend to keep it in handgun mode.
Can't wait to take both the 1377 and the 392 hunting.

MusicMan
07-07-2017, 11:46 PM
GhostHawk,

I turned 64 on the 3rd of this month, and i understand about iron sights and age.
I couldn't see the issue sights on my 392 very well at all, but a peep was much better.
For some reason i can still see the irons on a handgun "fairly" well, but a scope or red dot would be much better for me.

Your not cheating at all...we do what we have to as we age. No matter what sight arrangement we use, we still have to hold on target.

Start saving your money to have your lenses replaced with new plastic ones! I had both of mine done and can now use the factory sites on all rifles. Opt for the ones that give you good far sight. My close up sight went from about 3 feet to around 6 inches. The faraway sight is better than 20-20. Had the "Glasses required" removed from the drivers license. Wish I had done it 20 years ago!

Multigunner
07-08-2017, 03:28 AM
I passed 65 in the fast lane a couple of years back. My eyesight has actually steadily improved since my mid fifties. I don't need glasses to read or do fine detail work . I can see fairly clearly in bright light but astigmatism causes problems past 10 feet.

If the aperture of a peep sight is small enough I have a fairly clear image of target and sight out to fifty yards or so in very bright daylight. I do prefer a scope for precision work but for my 13XX carbine the peep sight works just fine for me out to 25 yards which is the practical limit of my backyard range.

A British company once marketed aperture rear sights with a prescription lens insert. Be nice if these were available now days.

35remington
07-08-2017, 11:49 AM
I have a forty plus year history with the 1322 and 1377, having shot all manner of vermin with mine since I was a little kid. Those models were "sliding cover" breech and the current bolt is superior to those as the sliding breech would get loose with extended use and try to blow open when shot.

One disconcerting thing with some models as received lately is that the barrel is loose under the front sight retainer and can be moved slightly. This may have been rectified for all I know, but a simple wedge between the barrel and cylinder cured that.

I do prefer the .22 myself but in most instances the .177 will get the job done. I cannot really see the .177 as a sudden squirrel stopper on our largish fox squirrels, having tried it myself. Quite frankly it ain't, to the point of being somewhat inhumane. However, with well placed shots on rabbit, frogs, pigeon, sparrow and startling it is just fine. The .22 seems to kill a bit more reliably and I have an awful lot of shot vermin with the two calibers to back that opinion up.

It is fine to carry on fishing trips and quite useful to while away the time or eliminate pests while waiting for the fish to take your bait. Can't really be without one and I will own one as a necessity for the rest of my time here.

melloairman
07-08-2017, 09:45 PM
Gehmann makes a rear aperture that is adjustable to correct your vision so you can see the rear and front sight as well as the target . I have one and it does work well . I paid more for it than most of my scopes . Marvin
http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.aspx?p=CategoryBody&c=OPSIGE

35 shooter
07-11-2017, 12:41 AM
As luck would have it, equipment breakdowns have kept me busy the last couple of days.
You know the kind when something is old and worn out(like me), as fast as you fix one thing on it something else breaks lol.

Getting into some new equipment tommorrow hopefully, and make up some for some of the downtime.
Unfortunately, that's going to eat into my spare change big time for another 13xx :(
Still plan on getting another as soon as possible though. Can't wait to mod one of these into a 18" or so bbl. carbine.
Should still be lighter than my 392, and easy to pump, shoot, and carry all day....don't really need it...just want it lol.

I'll check into some of the eyesight aids some of you posted on too.

35remington,

You summed up very well exactly how i've come to feel about these 13xx handguns....i'll never be without mine either!
Lol, i'm sort of late to the game, but looks like i'm in to stay!

35 shooter
08-01-2017, 12:35 AM
It seems air guns can make a liar out of a fellow. I said i would keep this 1377 as a handgun, but found myself putting the shoulder stock back on the other day lol.

I tried the peep sight again, but soon flipped the u notch back in place.
I found even though the rear sight gives me a bit of a blur on top of the rear in certain light conditions, i could still see the darker line of the true top of the notch.

I quickly got used to lining the top of the post on that darker line and trusting it...it worked like a charm.
Even though it's much lighter than my 392, i'm shooting this little gun in carbine form offhand easier than i can the 392 even at 50 yds.
Maybe it's because i'm so used to the pistol grip on my 35 whelen encore.

I settled on a 30 yd. zero and it keeps all shots within a half inch under or over poa from zero to dead on top of the sight at 30 yds.

Of course all this has me dreaming about a marauder pcp pistol with the shoulder stock now. 22 cal. at 700 fps....a guy could tear the squirrel woods up with that lol.
Probably wind up with another 13xx, steel breech, and fully screw adjustable rear sight or scope first though.

If i had one of these as a kid, i would have never made it through school.
The only thing i would have "studied", was how i was going to get the next tin of pellets lol!!

GhostHawk
08-01-2017, 07:49 AM
They are addicting!

In my case it is a pair of 1322's.

Mine has had several different styles of sights/scopes mounted.

I mostly prefer the Red Dot, Truglo makes a 2x Red Dot that helps bring those long targets a bit closer. 2.5 moa dot. So if your steady at all, put the dot where you want the pellet and it goes there.

That little 13xx series has enough oomph for what needs doing. Is light, easy to carry, load. And with the carbine stock is plenty accurate enough.

Yeah they are addicting.

Boolseye
08-04-2017, 07:31 AM
I picked one up at Walmart–Very happy. Very accurate, as others have said.

35 shooter
08-04-2017, 09:34 PM
Boolseye,

Hope you enjoy yours as much as i do mine. You sure get a lot in return for the money spent!

GhostHawk,

How well does your red dot sight do in dim light, like just before dark?
i like the idea of them, but have never really tried one.
The 2x power would be nice!

Multigunner
08-06-2017, 08:51 PM
Finally chronographed my 13XX carbine with 24" barrel. At 15 pumps I got 587 FPS using a 14 gr Meister Kuglen pellet.

GhostHawk
08-06-2017, 09:03 PM
35 I have never tried shooting it in low light. But I suspect it would do ok.

It won't gather as much light as a scope will, but IMO better than irons.

Might have to walk out the back door at dusk some night and take a look see.

melloairman
08-06-2017, 09:38 PM
Boolseye,

Hope you enjoy yours as much as i do mine. You sure get a lot in return for the money spent!

GhostHawk,

How well does your red dot sight do in dim light, like just before dark?
i like the idea of them, but have never really tried one.
The 2x power would be nice!
My BSA red dots work well with low light . I have to turn the brightness up as the lighting goes up and down as it gets darker . They are not a laser that hits the target . They are simply a dot that shows on the glass .Marvin

35 shooter
08-06-2017, 09:59 PM
Finally chronographed my 13XX carbine with 24" barrel. At 15 pumps I got 587 FPS using a 14 gr Meister Kuglen pellet.

Thanks for the info. That would make a fine, light, easy to carry hunter.
I have become a staunch fan of these 13xx guns...the accuracy, even at longer ranges blows me away.

I haven't gotten into doing any mods on them yet, but i feel it coming lol.

35 shooter
08-06-2017, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the info on the dot sights guys.

This may well be what i wind up with on my 1377 to keep weight down as much as possible.

35 shooter
08-08-2017, 02:23 AM
:) Put my second "mod" on my 1377 this last Sunday. Lol, no power mod, just a strap on padded cheek pad on the skeleton shoulder stock.

I was doing just fine with the stock as it was, but this gives a solid cheek weld, and really locks my head in perfect position comfortably.
It even has a zippered pouch on the offside for a tin of pellets, pull through cleaning string and patches, tube of oil, allen wrenches, etc.

I had actually bought it for my 392 to raise my eye for scope shooting. I put it on and got about 20 shots off before the 392 suddenly started blowing air out as i pumped it....bummer.
I've kept it well oiled every 150 to 200 shots. When it quit holding air the other day, i really poured the oil to it , hoping it would start working again, but no go.
As much as i would love to tear into it and start learning how to fix them myself...this one's under warranty, so back to crosman it goes.
I can hear it sucking air on the up stoke, but it blows it out on the downstroke. The extra oil i put in it just comes out the port in the beech as i pump it.....seal blown, or valve stuck open??

Anyway, the cheek pad is on the 1377 now, and is a perfect addition for it.
It's definitly an aide for off hand shooting and even from a rest. Much, much more comfortable.
Seems like it's at the right height for scope or dot sight shooting too.
So far it's been as big an improvement in overall shooting and handling quality as putting on the shoulder stock was....just keeps getting better.

Think i have found my favorite air gun!!

melloairman
08-08-2017, 09:51 PM
Sorry to hear about the 392 . I know your into self contained rifles . Here is one that you might have missed .Marvin
http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/precharged-pcp/fx-independence/

35 shooter
08-08-2017, 10:44 PM
Sorry to hear about the 392 . I know your into self contained rifles . Here is one that you might have missed .Marvin
http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/precharged-pcp/fx-independence/

Thanks for the link. That is one awesome air rifle! Your right, i had missed that one.

jh45gun
08-12-2017, 11:28 AM
I'll buy 2. :-?lol