PDA

View Full Version : Closing A Thread In S&S

alamogunr
06-22-2017, 09:59 AM
I have just completed my first S&S action. Is there a way to add "CLOSED" to the thread title so that browsers don't have to open the thread to find that the item('s) has been sold?

Or do we/they just assume that if a thread is on the 2nd or earlier pages that it no longer has anything of interest? As a seller, I could just keep posting a "BTT" post to indicate that there are still item(s) for sale. This is done by many sellers.

bubba.50
06-22-2017, 04:22 PM
at the bottom left of the reply to thread box there's a "close thread" box the person who started the ad can check to lock it. just type in a short message, SPF or whatever then check that box and the thread will be locked.

HATCH
06-24-2017, 03:25 PM
You can't assume that just because a "listing" is not on the first couple pages there isn't any interest.
One VS had 5 listings. He normally bumps all of them up at the same time. That with the normal amount of listings that happen daily will cause a listing to get buried pretty deep.
After 30 days of inactivity (basically after the last post) the listing will be closed and moved to completed deals.
This is even if the item isn't sold.
A lot of members will walk away from a listing. Either the item sold and they are too lazy to close it or even mark it SOLD, or they forget about it.

If you were to post something today, come 7-24 it will be locked and moved if no one responds to it.

For the most part every listing on the board stays until the 30 days of no activity period.
This is because staff doesn't have time to look at every listing more then the initial posting.

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-25-2017, 11:12 AM
Closing a S&S post is mentioned in the recently updated rules

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?335525-S-amp-S-Rules-amp-Definitons

What to do when finished with a WTS/WTB/WTT/AUCTION post:
When you are finished with your post please post once more in the ad the word “CLOSED” and then close the post. If you have any problems use the report function to report the ad after you have posted CLOSED and it will be handled by the staff.
You do not need to edit the original post, just put “CLOSED” and close the post.

FYI, I have a couple threads that are buried deep in S&S that are still active. I will close them as prescribed in the rules, when I deem the time is right. I mention this, as there are many other members with posts in S&S that are 3 pages deep or more, that still have interesting items available for sale, that have been active within the last 30 days.