PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone order from this company?

Duce
07-23-2008, 05:37 PM
I am thinking or ordering some dies from them. Heck its pay day.

http://www.fmreloading.com

jhrosier
07-23-2008, 07:02 PM
I bought some Lee stuff from them a couple of years back.
At that time they had good prices and fast service.

Jack

ronbo
07-23-2008, 08:51 PM
I ordered a Lyman mould from them not too long ago from the FM website It didn't say that they were not in stock. I got an e-mail notice later they were back ordered and waited a month and called to check on the mould order. He said Oh we don't sell lyman moulds anymore. They could of let me know that after a month of wondering what was going on. I was not happy.

1Papalote
07-24-2008, 07:45 AM
I bought some LEE products from FM some time ago. I actually like FM's shipping rates. Seems anything you buy from MIDWAY has a fair and honest shipping cost of $10. minimum.

mag44uk
07-24-2008, 07:56 AM
I happen to be in the US and driving to Dayton (Airforce museum-go see it! ) and phoned them up to see if I could call in and pickup a few things. As has been said no Lyman stuff kept in stock. Was told they could get it in and forward to UK. Sort of kills the savings for me!
Good prices though.
Tony

DanM
07-24-2008, 08:34 AM
I ordered 2 or 3 times from them and had good service. From calls, I did get the feeling that it is a 'kitchen table' outfit. Not a problem as long as they keep up with everything....

Dale53
07-24-2008, 01:41 PM
F&M is from my area and I have long been friends. They are struggling along with the rest of the industry right now with LONG back orders due to EXTREME demand for ALL reloading products. Better get used to waiting regardless of who you order from. John Lee told me a few weeks ago that their business had recently increased by 75%. No one, not even General Motors, can handle that and stay current. I had a recent talk with Lyman and they are in the same place. Midway is back ordered on most everything. It is just, for now, a fact of life. The sudden and large price increases in ammo have caused this to happen.

I try to plan ahead these days and order as much in advance of needs as I can. This applies to tools, powder, primers, etc. I am not a particularly patient feller, but I am learning to "go with the flo"...

There is an up side to this, however. The reloading industry has been in the doldrums for several years and this should produce a good "shot in the arm" to them. I am glad to hear this as we NEED them.

Dale53

pstew
07-24-2008, 04:02 PM
I ordered some stuff from them. It was all on back order, but they told me up front that it would be 4-6 weeks. It was my choice to go ahead and wait, so I was happy with my dealings with them

bradh
07-24-2008, 04:47 PM
I have used them many times and mostly for LEE products. Never had a problem!

TRM
07-24-2008, 05:56 PM
I used them a few times, Good prices. The down side is most things on back order, If you don't ask they don't tell.

uncle joe
07-24-2008, 06:36 PM
I just received a lee 20 lb pot and a 6 cav mold from them, they had the best price/shipping combination, however they had a long lead time of 4 weeks.
They do have great customer service. I changed my order to a different mold, and when I did the guy asked if I had a set of handles (duh) no I didn't so he added it to the order, no problem.
Great to deal with but somewhat behind.
JE

TCLouis
07-24-2008, 09:26 PM
I have purchased from them several times over the year. Always satisfied!

Duce
07-25-2008, 08:00 PM
I just ordered from them. Thy saved me almost 7 bucks from what Midway USA had for the same thing.

Dark Helmet
07-26-2008, 02:46 PM
If it's in stock, they are fine to deal with otherwise I'd order elsewhere. That goes for basically any company, however, with me!