PDA

View Full Version : WTB Lee Loadmaster kit or TWO

Master Samwise
06-19-2017, 02:39 PM
I was going to get a Hornady lock and load AP, but due to unforeseen problems with my budget, so I’m going to stick with Lee products for a minute.

**To start I know I can get a new load master kit starting at $220, from amazon. I just thought I’d see what some members might have to offer up for sale. I am still cruising on ebay too.**

I’m looking for a Lee Load master set or TWO, depending on the deal, preferably with extra tool heads and shell holders. Defiantly want the case feeders.

Why possibly two? So I can keep from changing out the primer system.

I load for 9mm, 38/357, 45acp, 7.62x39, and am now getting into 223.

I’ve got a couple of the Hornady bullet feeder dies, and I really like how they work on my turret press but am not opposed the lee bullet feeders.

bradley.moss72
06-19-2017, 02:46 PM
The primer system is super easy to change in a Loadmaster. You are changing shell holders already, just lift out the primer slide and primer ram and swap for the corresponding sized parts

BW

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Grmps
06-19-2017, 08:13 PM
Near the bottom left of Lees website, they have a section with instruction videos and information on everything they sell.

Littlewolf
06-19-2017, 09:20 PM
try titan reloading they are a lee dealer and cheaper than the actual lee site

Master Samwise
06-19-2017, 09:38 PM
true, titan is a little cheaper at 245 but its the 30 shipping that kills the deal, sadly. I like titan, nice people. New, amazon still beats them with prime.

what would make a good deal would be accessories like shell and die plates.

sparky45
06-20-2017, 05:26 PM
Bump up for a good trader.

No Blue
06-20-2017, 10:30 PM
Jet.com, which is part of Walmart was selling a complete LM for $195 a couple of months ago; see what they currently are offering.

And Bradley Moss is right, you can swap out the primer deal in about a minute, the real reason to have 2 is one for loading and a dedicated decapping one. Then all the **** that falls into the works from the primer and powder residue is kept in one machine and you don't foul the actual press you prime, powder, and bullet on.

You used to be able to buy a press only for about $140, but that was 4 years ago. Now they get $170 and you don't get the priming bits or case feeder thang. So not a good deal.

Master Samwise
06-21-2017, 12:38 AM
I did see a couple of videos for caliber swapping and saw how easy the primer system is to change. So thanks for pointing it out guys.

I was wondering about jet, I keep seeing deals pop up on slick deals with their name on it but couldn't get anything to work.

Lee currently has a second or refurbished press only deal for $140, but it didn't seem that great compared to some of the amazon warehouse deals some were in the 220 shipped with prime.
So maybe I should be patient.

But I did have one excellent offer, with some awesome extras, but it was just a bit out of the range I'm trying to pay.
I do have a better idea how to improve it, when I get a press set up. Sparky45 reminded me about magic mike and his mods.

bradley.moss72
06-21-2017, 01:49 AM
I bought a used Loadmaster at a good price. (From the classifieds ​in this forum no less.) Any pieces that were missing or damaged I replaced from Lee free of charge direct from the Lee website. I only paid shipping.

BW

Master Samwise
06-21-2017, 02:03 AM
I just did the same deal for parts for my ancient pro 1000s and the cast turret press I just got used.

its one of the reasons I posted for used presses, lee was very willing to help customers.
they even had parts to fix my 10# pro-iv with a new pot, levers, heating element....

my pro-1000 are 20 years old and have had the **** beaten out of them, but I budgeted for about $20 each for shipping costs for free spare parts. I was going to sell them, but now I might have viable presses again, or ones to do the dirty case processing on, before making the good stuff on a load master.

OH! AMAZON just dropped the classic turret press (not the kit) down to under $80 with prime today. I'm pissed, I just paid more than that for a used one with a bunch of extras.