PDA

View Full Version : But if ye refuse

claude
06-17-2017, 07:11 PM
The LORD's admonition to a rebellious nation, or individual:-

(Isaiah 1:16-20) "¶ Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; {17} Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. {18} Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. {19} If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: {20} But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it."

modified5
06-18-2017, 08:58 AM
And because Israel, God's special nation on earth, rebelled they were devoured by the sword.
When they rejected His Son, He rejected them.
Now God's special people on earth are Christ's church.
We too must make sure we dont rebel in the same way and obey Him and His will.
Thanks for that verse. I love Isaiah.

claude
06-18-2017, 10:20 AM
You are welcome sir. These warnings are rife throughout the word, and are as poignant today as ever, examples for us to follow.
I believe many of us are partial to Isaiah.

Blackwater
06-19-2017, 03:33 PM
Thanks, Claude, for a great post. Yet another reason I believe the US is in dire need of a great revival. It's as obvious as anything could be, really. I pray for a great leader, from politics or anywhere else God wishes to provide him to us, who will lead us back to morality, Godliness, good ethics and good common sense again. It really DID exist at one time, at least MUCH more predominantly than it does in these "easy," "Modern" times! We've never been perfect, by any means, but .... seldom has a nation suffered itself to see wholesale abortion, sexual promiscuity, so many giving themselves over to drugs and alcohol and other means of dissipation, and so much else! Truly, we've been "cruisin' for a bruisin'" for a long time, now, and God may be patient, but He DOES have his limits! And sin must be paid for, if not atoned for. It can't be otherwise. And we have much to atone for! MUCH!