PDA

View Full Version : Wts: Vintage Western 1574 trap machine -

beezapilot
06-17-2017, 12:30 PM
SOLD PENDING FUNDS

Yeah- so cleaning out the barn and under a tarp was a forgotten treasure!

This will need someone to go through it and clean / refurbish- consider it a fine project, yes - you can reclaim a bit of history for your own!!!! Back in the day, this was pretty much the Pierce-Arrow of clay throwers.

Parts (amazingly) are still available, but this one need more elbow grease than anything.

Obviously, shipping is not an option as the thing weighs a blue ton, I'm about 30 miles north of Orlando, but commute up the East Coast from time to time- so we may be able to meet at some point later in the summer.

I'd like $275 (OBO)... gosh at that price it is worth considering as "art" for your mancave!

Trade for wood carving tools, interesting .32 molds....

ratboy
06-17-2017, 12:42 PM
I used to run one of those at the American legion where I grew up. Nice machine. I wish I could actually use it but alas I don't have a big enough yard in this town and my neighbors don't like broken clays in their yard. :) good luck with the sale. That thing is neat

drhall762
06-17-2017, 04:13 PM
I know nothing about these other than to fire them. What is the voltage requirement? Does the motor run?

beezapilot
06-17-2017, 05:11 PM
It is actually a 1577 (trap) as opposed to a 1574 (single stack skeet)

It runs on 110V, the electrics turn, but the hydraulic pump will need new hoses, reservoir is dry.
Here is a link to a download manual- I couldn't get to download, but perhaps you can.

http://store.westernretro.net/index.php/western-self-loading-electric-regulation-trap-manual-u-model-v1577a-series.html

They are also a source for parts.

drhall762
06-17-2017, 06:44 PM
Do you ever come near North Carolina. I am right off Interstate 95 at NC Exit 49. You are about 9 hours south of me. I found the trouble shooting manual for it. Can't get the other one to download but no big deal.

beezapilot
07-06-2017, 02:35 PM
SOLD PENDING FUNDS! Yes, a man of great vision, willing to devote time and effort to preserve trap shooting history!