PDA

View Full Version : WTS: .400 Rapine round ball mould

kcajeel
06-15-2017, 03:55 PM
I have a .400 cal double cavity Rapine round ball mould for sale. This mould was new but old stock when I bought it. I have tried it out and broken it in. It casts very nice balls true to about .002 runout and of about 98.5 grains.

The mold faces and cavities are very nice. The bottom outside of the mold blocks are tarnished probably from sitting in their cardboard box on a shelf for years. But its just slight and not in the mold area, just superficial. The mold handles are cast aluminum, light and comfortable. The wood is perfect. The mold comes with the original instructions and original box.

I can't figure out how to attach a picture here. This is my first sell post. If you need a couple of pictures send me your email address and I can send it that way.

first I'll take it gets it. 50.00 shipped, USPS Money Order is preferred or Paypal if necessary.

Thank you

Jack

bedbugbilly
06-15-2017, 06:28 PM
Jack - a short time ago, Toymaker had a post in the Muzzleloading section asking why nobody made a .400 RB mold anymore - evidently, he is looking for one and perhaps the two of you can get together. Here's a link to the post -

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?336576-Why-no-400-RB-moulds

Good luck with your sale - it's been many years since I've used a Rapine mold but they were good molds. If I had a rifle that took .400, I'd jump on this one!

Jim

kcajeel
06-15-2017, 10:26 PM
Thanks Jim but I offered it to toymaker in that thread . He told me thanks but he'd already purchased another. Then I decided to run it here for sale.
Thanks for the info though.

Jack

Toymaker
06-19-2017, 08:46 AM
And I do thank you for your offer, Jack. I thank Jim for his thought also. He sent me an IM with the info. Appreciate it very much. See how hard they are to find?

A friend of mine also offered me an old Lyman single cavity that he doesn't use anymore. All I have to do is drive 60 miles south and shoot in a BPCR match that he runs.

kcajeel
06-19-2017, 05:08 PM
You can't beat that, Toymaker. Having good friends is a valuable asset.

Jack