PDA

View Full Version : 6 Thousand

45nut
07-21-2008, 11:34 PM
As we approach the mark of six thousand members here I would like to make sure the rest of you know how proud I am to have such fine folks attending this forum.

We have discussions but no trolling and fistfights, helpful hints and outright generous people that take 2nd place to no other site I am aware of.

If this country and indeed, the governments across the globe were one millionth as decent, we would be hundreds of years ahead and nobody from foreign lands would need our "help".

We step into another chapter, marking yet another milestone as friends and allies here, across the globe. If only we had such decency commonly available from those that pretend to be representing mankind in other arena's.

Thanks to everyone here for joining in on my wild idea of a forum about boolits.

MtGun44
07-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Thanks so much for such a wonderful place to learn and teach about cast
boolits and reloading and shooting and smithing, etc.

Well done to all.

Bill

454PB
07-22-2008, 12:46 AM
In all the years I've been casting and handloading, I've found that the best people are involved in those activities, and always the most generous with their knowledge.

Echo
07-22-2008, 01:03 AM
Too true - this site is a treasure, and all involved with it are to be congratulated.

copdills
07-22-2008, 06:17 AM
this is a great place to learn to cast your own boolits , Thank you Sir and thank you all for letting me be a part

copdills
and with your help :castmine:

Boerrancher
07-22-2008, 08:43 AM
This is the most wonderful message board I have ever seen. It is the only place that I know of where one can have a knock down, drag out discussion in one thread, and receive some of the most wonderful advice and help form the same person or persons you were disagreement with. Even though I have been loading and casting for 31 years, I never fail to learn something new nearly every day. I thank all of you who have made this site possible, esp 45 Nut.

Best Wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

IcerUSA
07-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Yepper, best darn place on the net thanks to you 45nut .

Keith

jawjaboy
07-22-2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks to everyone here for joining in on my wild idea of a forum about boolits.

As has been said already, we Thank You, for this community of brotherhood.

I have learned a lot in my short time here. Been fun doing it too.

07-22-2008, 09:23 AM
I'd like to echo all the above. The power of maturity, generosity and civility produces some mighty fine results. You gotta love "old fashion" values at work!

Jimlakeside
07-22-2008, 09:24 AM
My wife and I are avid shooters. As the price of ammunition continued to climb we talked seriously about giving up out hobby. We then purchased a progressive reloarder and got the cost of ammunition down to a managable level. Then I discovered this site and learned to cast boolits simply by reading and rereading information contained in the posts and other parts of the site. A week ago I cast over 2,000 boolits from WW. Casting has added a new enjoyment to shooting. Thanks for all of those of you are are so willing to share your knowledge and expertise with us new members.

Jim

VTDW
07-22-2008, 10:05 AM
As we approach the mark of six thousand members here I would like to make sure the rest of you know how proud I am to have such fine folks attending this forum.

We have discussions but no trolling and fistfights, helpful hints and outright generous people that take 2nd place to no other site I am aware of.

If this country and indeed, the governments across the globe were one millionth as decent, we would be hundreds of years ahead and nobody from foreign lands would need our "help".

We step into another chapter, marking yet another milestone as friends and allies here, across the globe. If only we had such decency commonly available from those that pretend to be representing mankind in other arena's.

That is exactly why we like it here bro. Thanks for a great site I can let my grandkids read.

Dave

SPRINGFIELDM141972
07-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Yes indeed you have somthing to be proud of. I have learned alot here and have even been able to help out some others just a bit. There is great group of people here. Thank you and all the fine folks here for allowing me to be a part of it.

Now that we have 6000, lets work on 12000. Who knows we might become a big enough organization that we will need to send someone to congress.:-D

Regards,
Everett

yondering
07-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Another thanks for a great board. I really appreciate the maturity of both the members and the site moderators here. It's a great place with a ton of usefull info, and the members seem more eager to share information and learn from others than on some other gun boards.

I used to hang out on the shootersforum a lot, but got tired of threads getting locked for the slightest reason, and a lot of members posting wrong information just to get themselves heard. I appreciate this board a lot for not being like that!

VTDW
07-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Yes indeed you have somthing to be proud of. I have learned alot here and have even been able to help out some others just a bit. There is great group of people here. Thank you and all the fine folks here for allowing me to be a part of it.

Now that we have 6000, lets work on 12000. Who knows we might become a big enough organization that we will need to send someone to congress.:-D

Regards,
Everett

I like that!!!:drinks:

Navahojoe
07-22-2008, 01:39 PM
I was searching the Internet one day, looking for information on making my own boolits. I had just purchased a box of .44 Magnums for a Red Hawk and was in "sticker shock". I found this place and never looked back.

Members herre advised me on the procedure to slug my bore, where to get wheelweights, how to flux my pot, how to clean my molds, ect.

I don,t post much, but Man of Man, I do a bunch of reading. This is a great site and I hope it will always be here for myself and other casters/shooters!

Thanks for the help of everyone.

NavahoJoe

runfiveslittlegirl
07-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Thank you ken. I have learned ALOT on this site! More than casting. I've learned history and other stuff that some kids have no idea about. So I thank you ALL 4helping me learn all of this and I hope I can continue to grow with this site.

Wayne Smith
07-22-2008, 05:58 PM
Thank you Ken for all your tireless and, at times, thankless work to keep this the best and most civil site I've been on. Only other one like this was a woodworking board that went down years ago called Badger Pond. I've learned to cast, taught a little, and learned some life lessons as well. Never stop learning! Again, Thanks!

Down South
07-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Thank you Ken for making a forum for Cast Boolits. I didn't know beans about casting boolits till I joined this forum. I've been able to gain a lot of knowledge here.

Ben
07-22-2008, 06:13 PM
I constantly check this site, on a daily basis, for new and interesting post.

I count this site just as valuable to me as any reference book. The people you meet here can't be beat.

Thanks to all those who make this such a great site.

Best to all of you,

Ben

HABCAN
07-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Ken , THANK YOU!!! With decades of casting behind me, I had a pretty fair knowledge.................yeah, right! I have learned a whole lot more in the time I have been here from some wonderful people and that new knowledge has made an onerous chore into an on-going fascinating and enjoyable hobby in itself.

Members, I am proud to be here with you, and I sincerely thank you for your many 'helps'.

Dawn, YOU represent what this forum is all about: bringing the next generation 'on stream', if you'll forgive the pun, LOL! I know everyone here is proud that you chose to associate with us (old dinosaurs).

Nueces
07-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Gentlemen...and Dawn...and your Mom,

It's a privilege and a pleasure to be amongst ye.

Mark

Freightman
07-22-2008, 07:20 PM
It is refreshing to be here, there are some gun sites that make me blush and I worked on a freight dock for 35 years.

Maximilian225
07-22-2008, 07:41 PM
One of the reason the resources contained in this forum are so useful is that because we are both reloaders and casters we know more about our firearms than most do. It also comes from the quest for knowledge that makes a caster become a caster in the first place.

Knowledge is a bottomless well and the mind an unquenchable thirst.

:castmine:

Bigjohn
07-22-2008, 07:42 PM
AW! SHUCKS! You've all gone and bought a tear to my eye with all your praises of the place we would (and do) call home.

Most of the previous posts have said everything I could think of about this forum but missed one; Members who are not afraid to post about their mistakes; expensive or otherwise for the enlightenment & education of those who read them.

Many Thanks to the 45nut for starting and running something we all needed and many thanks to the good fellow casters & shooters who visit here. :drinks:

:castmine:
John.

runfiveswife
07-22-2008, 07:56 PM
hey ken i just wanted to let you know that i appreciate all that you have done. on this site thank-you all so much for being so nice to me i hve learned alot at this site and i hope to grow and learn alot more from all of you. Love you all ALICE

Mumblypeg
07-22-2008, 10:39 PM
Ken, I nomanate you for the Presidental Medal of Freedom!(Is there such a thing?)

Heavy lead
07-22-2008, 10:49 PM
I've been reloading for 20 years, finally started casting last year. I'm hooked. I've obtained moulds for all my handguns, shotgun slugs and even buckshot loads now and love it. This is an awesome forum, I know it must take a lot of hard work and I appreciate it much as I'm sure everyone else does too.

45nut
07-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Welcome to our newest member, bbutler1961 number 6,000

Gunload Master
07-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Congratulations bbutler1961, good to have you aboard.

I'd also like to extend my gratitude towards all the members on this forum for their support and appreciation of this site. This place is funded by the generous members on here and I'd like to give my thanks for having such a great group of individuals that come here on a daily basis and share their knowledge with the masses. This truely is the best most friendly cast boolit site on the entire World Wide Web. Thank you.
Willy

Murphy
07-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Ken,

Any attempt to even try to put into words how much this site has taught me would be futile.
Great people, tons of knowledge...the best to be found.

Thanks friend,

Murphy

357maximum
07-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Murphy just about summed up my thoughts too. Thanks Ken and all that make this "2nd Home" possible:drinks:

Buckshot
07-23-2008, 12:36 AM
................I like it here on account of the people. Some of the best folks I've ever had the pleasure of shaking hands with in my entire put together, have been folks on this board (or who are members here now, but from Shooters.com or the Aimoo mess :-)). Add in those through PM's or e-mails and a guy just HAS to check in regular to see what them heatherns is up to. :drinks:

...............Buckshot

10-x
07-23-2008, 07:18 AM
"An armed society is a polite society" pretty well sums it up.

This site was founded and continues to function with the most civil members any of us will find.:drinks:

One will find all the best traits here , charity, humility[smilie=1:, compassion,truthfulness........I don't need to go on.:-D

It's a shame that much of this nation is in such a sorry state.

bullshot
07-23-2008, 07:48 AM
Yep-- A better place to hang and learn,sometimes inject is yet to be found. Happy to be part of this family. Thanks Ken
Bob(once Tom) lol

colbyjack
07-23-2008, 09:46 AM
ken thanks for the great site. ive made some really good friends here. ive learned how to cast in the chat room, and found this to be the best gun information site on the net. thanks for all the hard work. thanks for a very good place to learn, chat, and just relax by searching all the valuable information, and a fun place to hang out.

-chris

theperfessor
07-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Can't add much to what's been said about this site. I believe that a good teacher is also a good student, and I learn something new almost every day here, some of which has broader applications.

An example would be making custom nose punches using epoxy-filled blanks. I took that idea and applied it to make a conformal die for the second operation on a CNC lathe for a sculpted part (drawer pull knobs) one of my students was making. We couldn't hang on to it otherwise, no parallel surfaces, so we made a cylindrical cup, filled it with JB weld, greased and inserted the part, and pulled it into place with the proper screw from the back. The next day my student machined 24 knobs in less than 2 hours, every one of them perfect! Wouldn't have been possible without using this "trick".

Many thanks to those who run and sponsor this forum. It is truly appreciated.

Cherokee
07-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Started reloading in 1959, casting in 1966. Never had anyone to show me anything or such. Really appreciate this site

Old Ironsights
07-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Started reloading in 1959, casting in 1966. Never had anyone to show me anything or such. Really appreciate this site

Know that.

While I've loaded tens of thousands of boolits, nobody ever really showed me "how". The equipment was already set up and the boolits sized & lubed (commercial).

Now I've got to figure it out.

Straight-wall rifle & pistol are easy - once you get past long-case binding issues...

But Shotgun is driving me buggy. :roll: