PDA

View Full Version : Are 4 cavity lyman 454190's available?

bdoyle
03-28-2005, 09:40 PM
I've been looking around but I can only find 2 cavity. A 4 would be real convenient.

Thanks!
Brian

Buckshot
03-28-2005, 10:22 PM
..........Brian, you have the herd milling around distractedly between 2 boards. This'un and the Aimoo board. Lymans website shows only a DC as being available.

.............Buckshot

bdoyle
03-28-2005, 10:44 PM
Lyman seems to list fewer mold each time I look. I was interested if they were ever made.
Brian

RayinNH
03-29-2005, 07:12 PM
Brian, they were made. I saw one at the last gun show I went to in Feb. The dealer wanted $100 bucks for it with the handles. I put it down...Ray

bdoyle
03-29-2005, 07:42 PM
Thanks! Just what I needed to know. I've been mining ebay for the last few months and have picked up several of the older moulds. Haven't run accross one yet.

Brian

Alferd Packer
06-30-2020, 06:14 PM
They were made at one time, but your best bet is to get two moulds and two sets of handles and alternate filling and emptying the two sets of two cavity moulds.
With a rythm you can cast a ton of bullets.
That's what I have done.
Then when you finally find a four cavity and they want 200 dollars for a rusty four cavity mould that shows a chip knocked out of the base of one of the bullet cavities because some idiot pried out a stuck bullet, you will already be walking away looking for another four cavity.
You will have no problem selling the two cavity moulds and handles once you find your four cavity.
The 454190 are in demand.
I no longer care if I find the four cavity now.
I know the two cavity are easier on the forearms and can really pile up the bullets.

M-Tecs
06-30-2020, 06:20 PM
Lyman's current mold quality is spotty at best. Give Tom a call a Accurate Molds and you will have a far superior product. http://www.accuratemolds.com/