PDA

View Full Version : This reminder brought to you by Shrapnel ! Are you prepared?

Artful
05-30-2017, 07:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FhFw86Xk7o
:holysheep
Is it time to check the expiration dates of you medical supplies in your kits?

MaryB
05-30-2017, 11:38 PM
A lot of medicines are good for years past expiration but may be weaker. Check online to see which should be tossed and which are okay and which are okay but weaker. I keep 4-5 suture sets on hand and have put stitches in my own knee... plus I have antibiotics via the pet store/farm store. Exact same thing as human and same doses. That is another thing you can look up online, dosages of common meds.

Artful
05-31-2017, 01:21 AM
One of the things I noticed about my first aid kit on my Motorcycle was that the packaging gave up the ghost so that sterile pad needed to be replaced from simply being bounced around.

How many of us could use a refresher course on use of the items we carry?

mold maker
05-31-2017, 10:10 AM
Because I'm a caregiver (for the last 17 years) for a handicapped child, I take refresher courses in First Aid and CPR every year. I carry (in my truck) a sizeable kit and understand how and for what each item is used.
Even this level is very inadequate but better than nothing.
With the current terrorist events unfolding, and traffic controlled by someone on a cell or texting, there is a much greater chance that you may effect someone else's life with even rudamentary First Aid knowledge.
It is cheap insurance that you, a friend, or a total stranger, will benefit greatly from its use.

Beagle333
05-31-2017, 10:15 AM
I really need to update mine.

johnson1942
05-31-2017, 02:38 PM
what medical suppies, dont have any in the house. do have a lot of knowledge, my wife is a nurse practioner and im a retired registered nurse. have run to the hiway and took over auto mobile accidents until the ambulance arrived. does that count? i guess a med kit would be nice, never ever thought of it. i guess my wife and i think in bigger terms as CVA/S and heart attacks and such. run a drill bit through my hand once. wrapped it up and went to er. thanks for the post.