PDA

View Full Version : Varget Color...Is this abbynormal????

JohnH
11-10-2005, 11:24 PM
Year or so ago a friend gave me a can of Varget. Appeared unopened. It has been inside my house with my other powders. Opened it and there are two different color sticks. One is silver, about the the size of 5744, maybe a tad smaller in diameter. The other is same size but a greenish/yellow color. Stuff smells fine, First of it I've seen, so I've no idea. Thanks, John

Herb in Pa
11-10-2005, 11:37 PM
This is Varget.................

Buckshot
11-11-2005, 12:44 AM
............Abbynormal? Someone's being watching Young Frankestine, I mean Franken-steen. HAven't ever seen any Varget, so can't help ya there :D

............Buckshot

JohnH
11-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Herb, That's it

It's Alive! It's Alive!!! :)

waksupi
11-11-2005, 01:05 AM
It's obviously powder weevils. Very, very, dangerous, and could infest the rest of your powder supply. Send it to me immediately for disposal.

Tigger
11-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Egor?, NO! Igor you heard wrong!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iron River Red
11-11-2005, 09:49 AM
I'm closer than Waksupi. It'll cost you less ifn you send it to me fer disposal. Also finish filling up the box by adding linotype or tin.

Anything to help a friend...

:bigsmyl2:

Bass Ackward
11-11-2005, 06:27 PM
Year or so ago a friend gave me a can of Varget. Appeared unopened. It has been inside my house with my other powders. Opened it and there are two different color sticks. One is silver, about the the size of 5744, maybe a tad smaller in diameter. The other is same size but a greenish/yellow color. Stuff smells fine, First of it I've seen, so I've no idea. Thanks, John

John,

Well, you remember when you were a kid and you heard all the stories about those cereal plants that made your breakfast cereal? All the horror stories about tabacco juices in the batch? Well you must of got a can of powder that ..... had some other form of contamination to get that coloration.

That's what happens when you finally get a can of REAL powder instead of this 50,000 shots per cap full stuff you been using.

You are growing. :grin:

JohnH
11-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Ah, you'd be proud of me Bass, I'm currently sportin' a Mosin-Nagant M44 and a Remington Model 7 Mountian gun in 7-08. The Nagant is an idiots dream. I picked through a pike of 'em using my pocket knife to determine if the barrel had any rifling it at all, found one with four obvious bumps, brought it home, and was rewarded with a for all I can tell brand spanking new barrel. The action doesn't even show any wear marks. I'm trying it out with some #9 and some 5744 this weekend. I used some of that 50,000 rounds a cap full stuff under Lee's 312-185-1R and was rewarded with ten 1" groups at 50 yards :) Course the rear sight is raised to 500 meters, so we know the load ain't exactly a smoker.

The Remington was a friends, and has less than 500 rounds through it. I'm still debating on what to feed this one, first load I shot through it was a Georgia Arms load using the Nosler 140 Ballistic tip. 3 shots went into 1 1/4" at 196 yards, downright scared the bejesus out of me. I'm thinking a fella ought to have at least one rifle to feed them newfangled copper coated pills, but who knows, I might start feeling my oats and go for cast in eveything.