PDA

View Full Version : Swedish Mauser ?

Freightman
07-20-2008, 09:36 AM
Traded for a 96/38 yesterday and it looks almost new, haven't had a chance to slug the chamber or bore yet. I have a mould Lyman 2660469 RN GC 140g and GC's. Had no use for the mould till yesterday, but I learned a long time ago to quit selling surplus stuff as I would need it some times.
I have never loaded CB's in anything this small, is there any special tecnique and what would be a good load? Any sugestions would be apreciated, Thanks

garandsrus
07-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Freightman,

There are a number of posts about the 6.5mm. If you do a search, it will take a while to get through them all.

John

IcerUSA
07-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Think of it as a big brother to a 22 cal boolit . :) Make it a little harder than normal . Also , just food for thought , I was given this advice from an older gent here in Michigan that casts for target shooters , uses a special alloy so your on your own there , take a starting load for condoms and reduce 15% for a start load , but use caution as all powders don't act the same when reduced . If in dought , ask here first as you will get an answer .

I personally don't shoot a 6.5 , but my shooting bud does and so far the 15% reduction seems to work well with lead in the 6.5 .

Keith

mtgrs737
07-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Swedish Mausers are fine rifles, I have one and am getting another next week. My advise is to slug the bore to see what the groove dia. is as mine and most all of the posters here report that they are oversized by .002" to.003", mine runs .2665". Midsouth sells a lee 169 gr. oversized boolit mould on their spl. moulds page that was developed here I understand and is refered to as the "cruise missile". Also there have been other oversized moulds on the group buy section here for the swede. Google "Swedish Mauser" and "cruise missile" in the search mode and be ready for a lot of reading.