PDA

View Full Version : Posting on the forum screwed up. *FIX*

Gunload Master
05-25-2017, 11:38 AM
So for anyone who is having problems posting or writing anything on the forums, you need to go change your settings. (usually just effects Internet explorer)
1) Go to your USERCP (click your username at the top right, then click USERCP)
2) Click on "General Settings" on the far left.
3) Scroll down until you see "Message Editor Interface" and click on "Standard Editor". Then scroll down and click "Save".

This should fix any typing issues you have on the forum until a permanent fix is found. Thank you!

Larry Gibson
05-25-2017, 05:26 PM
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.

I just did the "FIX" and it appears to have worked. I already had "Standard Editor" checked but undid it and redid it and then backed out of the forum entirely and came back in. All seems fine now.

Thank you Gunload Master..........:drinks:

Larry Gibson

Char-Gar
05-25-2017, 05:29 PM
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog's back.

Smoke4320
05-25-2017, 05:40 PM
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog's back.
I then shot him with my 6.5 Grendel . There lies a dead fox

seemed to work ..

pjames32
05-26-2017, 12:32 PM
Seemed to work. Like Larry I had standard checked, unchecked then rechecked. No errors typing this!

Gunload Master
05-26-2017, 04:44 PM
I actually defaulted everybody to the standard Editor. So everyone should be on Standard and working good!

DCP
05-29-2017, 11:55 AM
I actually defaulted everybody to the standard Editor. So everyone should be on Standard and working good!

Thanks so much

DCP
05-29-2017, 11:58 AM
I just went and checked photo wont load with Google Chrome

Firefox works

No_1
05-29-2017, 12:31 PM
Most members utilize a free photo hosting website then link the photos to the post in the forum. It is really not that hard and the photos are better quality since you are not limited to size of photo.

Robert

I just went and checked photo wont load with Google Chrome

Firefox works

Smoke4320
05-29-2017, 12:36 PM
Posted a pic stored on my HD just to try

DCP
05-29-2017, 01:00 PM
Most members utilize a free photo hosting website then link the photos to the post in the forum. It is really not that hard and the photos are better quality since you are not limited to size of photo.

Robert

So what may be the best free photo hosting website?

Also would that mean you could have unlimited photos?

Thanks so much

bubba.50
05-29-2017, 01:21 PM
with all these mostly unnecessary changes the whole forum is gettin' 'screwed-up'. and if I lose any more post-count I'll likely be owin' posts.

robertbank
05-29-2017, 01:58 PM
What has cased the post count to drop I was about to get another bullet along with the Gold one I had and now I am back to four regular bullets?

Just asking. I apologize if this has been asked and dealt with on another thread.

Take Care

Bob

JonB_in_Glencoe
05-29-2017, 02:43 PM
What has cased the post count to drop I was about to get another bullet along with the Gold one I had and now I am back to four regular bullets?

Just asking. I apologize if this has been asked and dealt with on another thread.

Take Care

Bob

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?335004-Post-count-just-dropped-over-1500-Posts

also new rules in S&S mention...
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?335525-S-amp-S-Rules-amp-Definitons

30/30 – You must be a member for 30 days and have a minimum of 30 posts to start a thread in S&S. There is no requirement reply to a already started thread. Posts in the Swap & Sell and the PIT do not count towards the minimum 30 posts.

robertbank
05-29-2017, 02:59 PM
Thanks Jon. I cannot access the first link for some reason. PM me if you know why not.

Thanks for the reply.

Take Care

Bob

DCP
05-29-2017, 03:13 PM
with all these mostly unnecessary changes the whole forum is gettin' 'screwed-up'. and if I lose any more post-count I'll likely be owin' posts.

Lost a maybe 1000 and then maybe 10-12, 3or4 at a time. Looks like i spent 1/3 of my time in the pit

No_1
05-30-2017, 06:04 AM
So what may be the best free photo hosting website?

Also would that mean you could have unlimited photos?

Thanks so much

I use photobucket but there are many available and yes, unlimited photos posted....

No_1
05-30-2017, 06:05 AM

If it was "unnecessary" we wouldn't bother with it.

Robert

Idaho45guy
05-30-2017, 07:13 AM

Robert

I do 90% of my posting from work, so I can't access photo hosting sites. I just upload the files from my work computer. I can't do that here anymore. I hope that change is not permanent...

Taylor
05-30-2017, 07:37 AM

Same here,every time I get on,I have less post.

bubba.50
05-30-2017, 10:48 AM
If it was "unnecessary" we wouldn't bother with it.

Robert

well then maybe you should try changin' a few things for the better instead of just changin' to be changin'.

my opinion & yer welcome to it.

Omega
05-30-2017, 11:18 AM
The problem for me was the text was messed up and it would not take a photo link. Seems to be doing ok now, with the new editor, formatting (AA) on and it links photos. But I don't see the built in editors spell check, so maybe that is what it was, Explorer's spell check still works and no issues so far. The Title still defaults to Sentence Case, but I can live with that.

woodbutcher
05-31-2017, 09:42 PM
:shock: Hi smoke.Where oh where did you get that picture of me before I`ve had my first POT of coffee in the morning?
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

Smoke4320
06-02-2017, 01:58 PM
:shock: Hi smoke.Where oh where did you get that picture of me before I`ve had my first POT of coffee in the morning?
Leo

I hacked into your laptop :) :)
Just wait till I post the other one :) :)

Grmps
06-02-2017, 03:02 PM
I come here to learn, possibly help and interact with people of like interests. If I feel I know enough about the question/problem to give a pertinent answer or suggestion I will post a suggestion/solution.
Some have mentioned that they relate number of posts/length of time on the forum with knowledge. That’s like saying that an old janitor (no offense intended) knows more than a young teacher because he’s been at the school longer. (And he well may about some things)
To get a better way to display the value of a person’s posts/wisdom a rating system / poll could be fashioned:
If the post has excellent information members could rate it excellent or 3
If it is good information good or 2
If the information is bad and/or dangerous rate it bad or 1 – if a bad rating is used the member doing the rating MUST post a detailed explanation why the information is bad/dangerous. This post can also be rated.
I think this system will keep people from “guessing at answers” to increase their post count and only post answers to something they are 100% sure about.
Then under their name we could keep the post count but also have a gold bullet with #of excellent ratings, a silver bullet with # of good ratings and a tinsel fairy with # of bad posts.
If the post contains the words “feel”, “believe”, “think” the post can/will NOT be rated and the posters rating will not show under their name on the post.

woodbutcher
06-03-2017, 12:29 PM
:D Hi Smoke.I don`t have a laptop:-P.
Leo