PDA

View Full Version : Renovation of Reloading Room

Walla2
05-24-2017, 01:19 PM
After 25 years I've started a renovation of the reloading room. The room is 24' by 24' concrete block construction. New windows are being put in today. New wiring this week also. Heating and cooling next week with insulation and a new ceiling. Late in the week a new concrete floor. Then I will start the new shelves and work benches. All this because my 12 year old 4-H apprentice asked when can we clean up this room? He is gung ho on shooting and reloading so here we go.

crowbuster
05-24-2017, 02:55 PM
Very nice. And good on you for helping the kid out. May you both make many good memories in that new room.

Der Gebirgsjager
05-24-2017, 03:02 PM
Great opportunity to start over and get everything just right.

RogerDat
05-24-2017, 03:18 PM
Yeah I get the urge to rearrange things and spruce things up every couple of decades or so myself. Dear wife gets it a touch more frequently, as in if this is Tue my bed will be against the outside wall. By Thursday a different spot.

Bookworm
05-24-2017, 06:46 PM
When Mrs Bookworm decides it's time to 'deep clean' the house, I find something pressing to do in the barn.
Or under the truck. Or in the garage. Or, go cut cedars - a seemingly endless job.

mold maker
05-24-2017, 07:37 PM
I think I do better in controlled chaos, but we'll never find out because the controlled chaos will always be the rule. I once made the statement that if I removed anything but the top piece from the pile, it would start an avalanche. To some it may be a mess, but it's my mess, and I know where everything is supposed to be. Problem is it's somewhere else.

308Jeff
05-24-2017, 07:58 PM
24' x 24' is a nice sized reloading room! I'm pretty jealous.

Sound like it's going to be nice and comfy when you're done with it, too!

Thumbcocker
05-24-2017, 08:00 PM
Security system?

54bore
05-24-2017, 08:01 PM
After 25 years I've started a renovation of the reloading room. The room is 24' by 24' concrete block construction. New windows are being put in today. New wiring this week also. Heating and cooling next week with insulation and a new ceiling. Late in the week a new concrete floor. Then I will start the new shelves and work benches. All this because my 12 year old 4-H apprentice asked when can we clean up this room? He is gung ho on shooting and reloading so here we go.

Awesome!! Sounds like a fun project! One i wish i was doing as well!

lightman
05-24-2017, 09:37 PM
That sounds like a fun project. Please show us the progress as this moves along.

tigweldit
05-24-2017, 11:53 PM
24'x24'! That would be e mansion of a reloading room to me. Good show Walla2. Hope you enjoy the heck out of it. Pictures if possible please.

Walla2
05-25-2017, 12:33 PM
I do have pictures of the before and in progress. I will post them as soon as Nathanael (the apprentice) shows me how. The room is one of four in my shop. It has never had windows that opened, much for insulation or lighting, heat or cooling. The shop is secure and the guns are kept in a locked walk in cooler in another part of the building. The security patrol are two large Chesapeake Bay Retrievers than are known for protecting the property. They have access to the shop at all times. In moving everything out of the reloading room I have found stuff lost long ago. Doubles of more than a few things and in one case triples of one. I haven't decided on the floor plan yet. I will keep you posted. This is fun. I'm 68 and Nathanael is 12. I would never had thought that the age difference would be overcome so quickly and effectively. Regards.