PDA

View Full Version : Praise for RCBS customer service

S.B.
05-21-2017, 04:00 PM
While sizing my 7mm mag brass I managed to completely stick a brass in the sizer die. I called RCBS and was told to send it to them? So, I packaged it up and Monday this week I posted it to them, to my surprise it return Saturday the same week! Thank you RCBS!
Steve

Murphy
05-21-2017, 04:24 PM
Good to hear RCBS often gets great reviews regarding their customer service. Not that long ago, a great deal came up in the S&S section on a stuck case remover which I quickly snapped up. Down through the decades, I've only managed to have this problem 2-3 times at best. It sure can put a damper on a reloading session when you suddenly find yourself with a stuck case. It never occurred to me to send my last one (a small base 308 die) in to see if they would lend a hand. I just figured I would have to pony up and buy a new die, or get a stuck case remover.

All too often, we only see the bad reviews on some companies customer service. That isn't always a reflection of the company. Not everything is the companies fault and they should be held responsible for someone else's mistake. I have read a few reviews on some companies that bad to next to non-existent customer service seemed to be the normal. I avoid those with reviews like that.

I made my very first reload using a LEE kit for my Remington 788 in 22/250 caliber. Once I discovered I really could make my own ammunition and keep all my fingers, I was off and running. I decided to take the plunge and started off with RCBS. This was about 1980-81 and most of the gun writers I read all used either Lyman or RCBS. Being in a very rural area, the only person within 75 miles that carried reloading supplies carried RCBS. So RCBS it was. Remember, this was pre internet days and Shotgun New's was the 'go to' magazine for everything, all mail order of course. I'm currently in the process of a major bench cleaning / reloading room clean up project and ran across that stuck 308 case. I managed to really mangle to case base trying to get it out. Looks like I'll get to try my stuck case remover in the next few days, hopefully it works out fine.

Oh, and my Dillon 550B? After 20+ years it began having issues. I packed it up, put the requested amount for a refurbish in the package and off it went. I was (then again I wasn't surprised) when it returned 2 weeks later. Not my old press, but a brand spanking new one!

Typically, good products seldom need customer service departments that stay busy due to a bad product. Those who do? Seldom find any growth going on on their behalf due to a bad reputation. Shooters in general are a great, honest lot. If we mess up and know it, we admit it and hope for the best if we call upon a company for help. If we know it wasn't our fault, a good company will ask that the item be returned for inspection or repair. I believe it's not just good customer relations, but it's also how they find out if there is a problem with one of their products.

Glad you got your die back so quickly!

Murphy

S.B.
05-21-2017, 08:31 PM
I started reloading when 18 now 69. Have used Lee pound ins with plastic mallet, then went to Lyman nutcrackers and finally to a Rock Chucker(what a relief). Bought my first Lyman mould before I ever considered going to the RCBS press.
I own two 550Bs one with large primer set up the other for small primers works good for me, easy, fast change overs.
Steve

OS OK
05-21-2017, 09:01 PM
Same with me...last week w/ RCBS. I bought a used Green Machine, needed some missing parts...they cheerfully helped me identify them by parts numbers and sent them in the mail @ "No charge!"
They even have the complete parts and operating manual in PDF format...got that too.

Rock Chucker was my first press too...I still have/use it.

Oh yeah...a few months back they sent me new expanders for several die sets...."yeppers, no charge!"

Shurly they can't be that good to deal with...it must be cause I'm so dang good looking!

Ateam
05-21-2017, 10:13 PM
And my three year old really likes to dance to the RCBS hold music!