PDA

View Full Version : Crazy for sale prices

clodhopper
05-17-2017, 08:17 AM
Pyramyd Air had a 20% off sale, "best sale prices of the year " they claim it the latest cascade of emails.
I had been wanting a wildfire since reading about the revolver action, thinking that if the sights stayed on target through the 12 lb trigger pull then that would verify the solidity of my shooting position.
Some how the excitement of something new clouded the judgment of what might happen when snuggling into prone with a national match AR-15
The rifle is supposed to be here Fri or Sat. But I will not get to do much with it until Wed or so.

melloairman
05-17-2017, 11:09 AM
I took advantage of the sale as well . There were some good prices on many items .Marvin

Multigunner
05-17-2017, 11:41 AM
If I had not already decided that I had just too many airguns guns to occupy my summer time I'd have jumped on several of those deals.

Just scored two very nice 38T pellet revolvers, already had one in 177 now I have two in .177 and one real beauty in .22, and not long ago I rebuilt my 78g and two Crosman phase one 357 revolvers, so My CO2 pistol card is full for now.
I have several CO2 BB pistols as well that I need to take out and shoot a bit to see if they still work.

I'll be picking up a 392 sooner or later but I'm in no hurry on that. I'm keeping my eye out for a good 312 at a reasonable price, which is unlikely these days.

If I had bought a new air rifle now it would be a 392, but I have three very good air rifles as it is.

35 shooter
05-17-2017, 01:56 PM
It's tempting for sure. 20% is a nice sale.

Multigunner
05-17-2017, 08:59 PM
Since its a company birthday sale I expect they will have another one year from now, and probably one or two more between now and then.

If I had not bought the two 38T revolvers recently I'd have most likely ordered a 392 if they are part of the 20% off deal, but I'm far too pleased with these revolvers to think much about a new rifle at the moment.
If Crosman did commission a reissue of the 38T I'm sure they would outsell the similar modern designs, especially in .22 caliber. Pretty much all metal and with very good velocity and accuracy.
Of course they'd have to charge a hefty price for them. The Umarex revolvers which are similar are priced at close to $300.
The design and construction is extremely durable and easy to reseal when necessary.
More modern designs from the 357 on up don't have as much potential for upgrading performance and the gas transfer tube quad seals of the later designs are a joke, intended to be quick to assemble at the factory but subject to failure at any time.

The older Phase one 357 is as good as its descendants , which isn't saying much, but surprisingly accurate and gas efficient. I plan to thread the tube inlets on one of these for a gland nut and seal like that used by the 38T.

clodhopper
05-18-2017, 12:00 AM
With a bit of foresight, next year maybe a .35 caliber can follow me home.

clodhopper
06-10-2017, 10:36 AM
I have had the wildfire for several weeks now. Installed a leopuld 3X9 airgun scope on it.
Have not fired it a lot due to doing a lot of travel, interspersed with getting mother in law from hospital, to extended care nursing, and now settling into assisted living.

Yesterday morning the gauge read les than 500 psi, I had just pumped it up to 1900 the evening before.
I hooked up the pump and started filling, at about 1200 psi I could hear air leaking.
So after having recycled the box very recently I did not want to send it back.
I took it apart, wiped down the seals and reassembled it. Pumped it up to 1500, fired a couple clips and repumped it to 1500 it held all night.
Will fill to 1800 before going to bed tonight.

No serious paper punching yet.

clodhopper
06-19-2017, 10:45 PM
The leakage started again today. Right after firing with no pellet aligned with the barrel. I quickly changed magazines and fired a couple, it seems to be holding air now.

When ordering this rifle, I also purchased a 1250 round box of heavy 10. something grain Crossman premier pellets because I like heavy bullets.

Looking at the holes left in the paper, it seems the benjy wildfire does not like heavy pellets so much.

Groups were 2-3 inches at 25 yards, the operator pulling the 12 lb trigger can not be ruled out as the cause.

35 shooter
06-20-2017, 02:14 AM
The wildfire sure is a neat concept(semi auto). I wish they could put them out with with at least a 5 to 6 lb. trigger.
Still a neat little rifle though...keep posting on your progress with it.

mac1911
06-20-2017, 06:57 AM
It's tempting for sure. 20% is a nice sale.

As long as you been eyeing the product.
Often I have seen the 20% off on items that where actually cheaper several months ago.
Not always cheaper but you can pick up discount codes from a few air gun posters on you tube. Ted's holdover is one of them. Get 15% off crosman with his link/code.
The 392 goes on sale often on many different vendors. I will watch something I like for a few weeks it's always bound to go cheaper somewhere at some point. Usually after you buy it though:roll::roll::roll::killingpc

clodhopper
06-20-2017, 08:51 AM
Semi auto is a stretch, yes it does fire each time you pull the trigger. But working the revolving magazine with the trigger is part of the trigger pull.

A smooth trigger pull would be a plus too. You pull a little, then harder, pull some more, still didn't fire.
With a serious mash on the trigger the sights go sliding right and down, then it fires.

Multigunner
06-20-2017, 11:24 PM
Well I ran across an insane low price deal on Ebay. Not an auction but a straight sale of a NIB Umarex SAA BB revolver.
These were priced at $119.99 on Pyramid Air and that's apparently a mark down as well but I found the exact same gun for $87.99 with free shipping from a mail order store "Woodbury Outfitters".

Now a couple of other online stores on Ebay have cut their price even more, as low as $84.44 also with free shipping.

I received mine today and its a real beauty , works perfectly and is pretty accurate for a smoothbore BB gun.
I got the Nickel plated faux Ivory grip version.
You have to look close at these to tell that its not the real thing. These are licensed by Colt to use the Colt brand name and patent date markings.

I found that Air Gun Depot has the spare shells for these at a little more than half the price that Pyramid Air is asking for them.

Multigunner
06-20-2017, 11:33 PM
Clodhopper, I have the standard 10/77 and I've never had a problem with the double action pull and accuracy is much better than you seem to be getting with your wildfire. I do have plenty of experience with double action revolvers so that may be an advantage.
The trigger pull of mine is long, not as long as with a double action handgun, but not at all heavy and very smooth.

These aren't really designed as target guns, they are more for plinking.

The Beeman coated wadcutters give the best groups. I've had poor results when using the Crosman Premier .177 pellets in every gun I try them in, the .22 CPHP works better in my CO2 pistols and my 13XX carbine but not as well as the Benjamin Destroyer.

35 shooter
06-21-2017, 01:27 AM
Wish Pyramid would run a 20% sale on their utg scopes in the next couple of weeks for my birthday present lol.
My luck, they'll go on sale right after i buy one. Either way...gotta have one!

Maybe another sale will come along before long to give me the excuse to get the springer i want to go along with my 392.

Lethemgo
06-21-2017, 04:39 AM
Crosman has 20offtuesday every week. Just pouch it in at checkout.

prsman23
06-22-2017, 02:58 PM
I just received my Benjamin marauder .25 yesterday. Amazon had it for $299. It was on "back order" for 1-2 months but shipped in two weeks. Beats the heck out of the pyramid air sale on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clodhopper
06-22-2017, 11:24 PM
Wow nice price, and nice rifle, how are you going to fill her up?

prsman23
06-23-2017, 12:35 AM
Pump it!
Well. Hopefully. The first pump came today and didn't work. So I've got another that will be here tomorrow. It's the air venturi pump that has good reviews. Hopefully just a fluke. I am going to change the glass out on it in a bit. Haven't decided which scope so I got a cheap Barska to tide me over until I decide. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170623/9b69090b97f52758a39e6205ea8d4c43.jpg
Taken after the disappointment of finding out the pump didn't hold air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clodhopper
06-23-2017, 04:45 PM
I have the same pump, it worked when it arrived.
Then quit, took it apart wiped a scary amount of black goo off the innards, put it back together and it worked until the balls fell out of the foster quick connect.
Pyrmayd sent a stainless replacement, working for now.

54bore
06-24-2017, 02:00 AM
Wish Pyramid would run a 20% sale on their utg scopes in the next couple of weeks for my birthday present lol.
My luck, they'll go on sale right after i buy one. Either way...gotta have one!

Maybe another sale will come along before long to give me the excuse to get the springer i want to go along with my 392.

I have a UTG 4-16 on my Crossman Nitro Venom Dusk and absolutely love it! Although i do have 1 complaint, i wish the crosshairs were finer, other than the bolder than i care for crosshairs its been a rock solid good scope!