PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, Marine Corps

Scrounger
11-10-2005, 11:09 AM
The title speaks for itself. Thanks for your many services to our country.

MGySgt
11-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Thank you - May we serve another 230 years.

And Thank all you Verterans for all that all branchs do.

If you can read this Thank a Teacher

If you are reading this in English Thank a Veteran!

Semper Fi Brother Marines!

Drew

nvbirdman
11-10-2005, 11:40 PM
This makes me think of a friend of mine in high school in the late fifties-early sixties. Hie birthday was Nov. 10, and his dream was to graduate from high school and join the Marines. He graduated about 1963 and went to fufill his dream. The recruiter said "I see you have a pot conviction on your record. Go away, the Marines don't want someone like you."
You never know when what you did in the past will turn around and bite you in the butt.

StarMetal
11-10-2005, 11:58 PM
birdman

That's a rare marine recruiter back in those days if I seen one. When first enrolled in the navy and filling papers out this one boy puts his hand up and said he didn't understand the question about menstrual cycle. The Navy man said "Get out". The kid was confuse, went on about he didn't understand the question about menstraul cycle. The Navy man got really mad, told him to get the hell out and throw his paper in the trash. Later that day we seen the Marines swearing him in.

In high school we has a typical bad boy. His name was Billy Bob S*******. Well I heard that after graduation it come to light that he knocked up two girls at about the same time period. He got took to court and the Judge says: "Tell you what, being these girls are under age, I'll drop charges if you enlist in the Army and volunteer for Vietnam" Billy Bob took the deal...lived to make it through Nam too.

There were alot of sailors in the Navy that I met that were criminals of all sorts.

That story you gave is just a rare bird.

Joe

fiberoptik
11-11-2005, 12:23 AM
Semper Fi, Do or Die. OohRah!

waksupi
11-11-2005, 01:12 AM
Happy birthday, Marines.

And a great big thanks for all the veterans tomorrow, on Veteran's Day. I'll be thinking of all you, and many others, on the 11th hour, of the 11th day, of the 11th month.

Bret4207
11-12-2005, 08:29 AM
I was at the Massachusetts State Police Academy for training this past week and was priviliged to be able to attend a Marine Corps Birthday cake cutting ceremony. The present class of recruits has 18 or 20 former Marines in it, and it was quite a privilge to be called from my class along with another NYSP Trooper/Marine to attend. I've kind of let my status as a Jarhead slip, maybe I should look into the local Marine Corps League or something. Semper Fi Marines. Ooh Rah!

Scrounger
11-12-2005, 09:58 AM
I was at the Massachusetts State Police Academy for training this past week and was priviliged to be able to attend a Marine Corps Birthday cake cutting ceremony. The present class of recruits has 18 or 20 former Marines in it, and it was quite a privilge to be called from my class along with another NYSP Trooper/Marine to attend. I've kind of let my status as a Jarhead slip, maybe I should look into the local Marine Corps League or something. Semper Fi Marines. Ooh Rah!

There must be a pin, tie tack, or patch that you could wear to give you and others that daily reminder of something you have that you can always take pride in.

MGySgt
11-12-2005, 11:28 AM
Another Lost Sheep returns to the fold!

Semper Fi!

Drew

KCSO
11-12-2005, 11:59 AM
I got to spend the birthday training with Col. Dave Grossman (On Combat, On Killing ect), and a whole room full of Marines. OOh Rahed till deaf.

Happy Birthday Marines !!!!

C1PNR
11-14-2005, 01:57 AM
There must be a pin, tie tack, or patch that you could wear to give you and others that daily reminder of something you have that you can always take pride in.

Actually, in my case it's usually my Belt Buckle. Most people don't notice, but in many cases the Marines do!

And as mentioned above, THANKS also to ALL the other Branches. NO ONE gets it done alone!:)

Buckshot
11-18-2005, 09:26 AM
............My youngest brother was a gyreen and loved it. Was in some type of field electronics repair. He would have stayed in and the COAH wanted him to stay badly too. However his wife wouldn't put up with anymore overseas stays away so he got out. However he is very proud of the fact he was a Marine.

One time some magazine I was looking at had a Marine recruiting postcard stuck in the mag's spine so I filled it out with his info and mailed it off. About a month later he called me and asked if I had sent in something to a recruiter. I fessed up to the deed and he said he and the recruiter had a good time talking and remembering a stay on Okie.

.............Buckshot

MGySgt
11-18-2005, 07:20 PM
............However he is very proud of the fact he was a Marine.
.............Buckshot

Buckshot he still is a Marine - Title is earned - He earned it, He is a Marine for Life.

Please pass a Happy Belated Birthday to him for me.

Once a Marine Always a Marine!

Drew