PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

stumpjumper
05-13-2017, 01:37 PM
Thanks guys. I was lucky enough to not have to question you guys to death on building a pid. I plugged it in a not a single bit of smoke. This place is a wealth of information if a person takes the time to read

William Yanda
05-13-2017, 04:27 PM
When you let the smoke out, they quit working.

bbogue1
05-20-2017, 08:04 PM
What PID did you use? did you buy it from someone on the form? congratulations that it worked great? It is so nice when things do that I've been thinking about a PhD and I've done some research but I haven't bought one yet tell me a little bit more about yours

Mike W1
05-20-2017, 08:42 PM
FWIW, at least the 3 major brands I've used ALL work. Auber's SYL-2352 is definitely my favorite and the most expensive too, but it also has instructions in real English as well as good support. Mypins work fine but the instructions are just this side of useless though there's one set out there that does a good job. I had poor luck trying to get mine to regulate my hot plate. So now use the Auber on that and run my pots with Rex C100s which do a great job on them. Their instructions are also not worth much and only read in Celsius but that's really not much of a handicap. They're also the least expensive but you better know for sure which model you're getting as there's a lot of variations some of which are not necessarily what we want for casting.

BTW, I liked the way the original poster rigged his unit up.

stumpjumper
05-21-2017, 11:49 PM
I used the auber 2352. Thanks Mike I can't take the credit for the design. I copied one off of youtube. As of yet I only had time to use it once but I was very impressed with the way it held the tempature.

Krp68
05-22-2017, 08:20 AM
Nice. I'm waiting on my parts to arrive to build mine. Hope I don't see any smoke either lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk