PDA

View Full Version : Hope my friend Murphy does not visit.

BrutalAB
05-13-2017, 08:34 AM
Got a new toaster oven and some silicone baking sheets, trying both out right now. But i have this friend murphy who likes to come and ruin everything.

It's able to hold at least 4 times as many boolits as the old one, so I decided to test it almost full (ran out of time, things to do)

Hope Murphy does not destroy 3 hours of casting and an hour and a half of stacking.

Feel free to post your own potential Murphy visits/stories

Dusty Bannister
05-13-2017, 08:49 AM
Wow, optimistic. I would have tested clumps of bullets in the top corners, back front and rear as well as the middle, and same on the bottom. Then if there are hot spots, just load up the oven to avoid the hot or cold spots. Where is the catch pan in case you get bullet slump?

Green Frog
05-13-2017, 09:02 AM
You're going to have a hard time getting that toaster oven hot enough to start melting the lead bullets enough to even get slumping... looks to me like you're good to go! :cbpour:That red PC is sure purity!!

Froggie

BrutalAB
05-13-2017, 09:06 AM
Murphy tried to visit. I turned it on and noticed heating elements were not going and realized it was not plugged in, I then find that the cord is about 6 inches too short so I have to scoot the loaded thing over.... it made it, nothing fell.

No catch pan. I figure the aluminum sheet would be strong enough to hold them, it was. I only had a few boolits mess up during baking and it's on one side where they leaned up against the wall of the oven. Should still be shootable. Overall pretty happy.

ole_270
05-13-2017, 09:16 AM
Well, acquainted with Murphy, my Mother's maiden name was Murphy.

OS OK
05-13-2017, 09:19 AM
You keep Ole Murphy busy with your new project and give the rest of us a break for a while!

Shiloh
05-13-2017, 09:59 AM
He may not visit but he's always hanging around. Don't invite him in.

Shiloh

Digital Dan
05-13-2017, 11:35 AM
You'll have better luck if the toaster isn't on its side.:bigsmyl2:

45-70 Chevroner
05-13-2017, 01:31 PM
Murphy visits at the most inaproprete times. Long story, short version. I was getting ready to go the VA hospital for some pre-op. Some how I ended up with my car keys stuck in the bottom of my foot, hurt like hell. Still made it to my appointments.

Echo
05-13-2017, 07:30 PM
Did you know that Murphy's Law was not originally put forth by Murphy, but by another guy with the same name?