PDA

View Full Version : I met a man yesterday

Boaz
05-10-2017, 06:38 AM
I met a man yesterday , his name is Ronnie he is 54 years old . He came in the shop to have some work done , I talked to him a good while . He had an older Dodge pickup with a magnetic door sign that said ..'remodeling' with his phone number .

In the course of conversation he explained he had went in to have a hernia operation 6 months ago , doctors discover he had an inoperable tumor on the major artery attached to his liver , it was cancer . It was terminal and they gave him 2 months . He is under Hospice care , he described how scared at first he was of Hospice , it was more confirmation he was dying . But now he can't give them enough praise . Ronnie has accepted that he is dying and trying to make the best of it .

The burning question that should come to mind is ...has he been saved ? I can answer that , yes he has , his faith in GOD is strong . He is only worried for his family and not himself . His salvation is assured .

I would ask that you pray for him and his family during your prayer or devotional time . I have a feeling I'll be seeing Ronnie again , been down this road many times . GOD is always working in our lives .

square butte
05-10-2017, 07:25 AM
Prayer sent up for Ronnie. Only the Good Lord knows the number of his days.

Pine Baron
05-10-2017, 08:00 AM
Praying for Ronnie. Also praying for you, Boaz, that God's plan be revealed.

buckwheatpaul
05-10-2017, 09:02 AM
Father, I ask for comfort and grace for Ronnie as You do Your will. Please be with him as his path leads unto You. Please be with his family during this difficult time. Give them comfort and remove any fear that surrounds Ronnie's trip. Let Ronnie and his family and friends reflect on the many good times they have had and not dwell on his impending removal of his earthly home. AMEN

GhostHawk
05-10-2017, 09:23 AM
The Holy Spirit whispers to me that Ronnie does not need our prayers.

Yes he is going to die, as we all will. All things of "this" world shall pass away.

Which is why the Lord urges us to store our treasure in Heaven.

I think Ronnie was there for you Brother Boaz.

Ronnie has been through the fire, has come to grips with his mortality. Accepts that if he can accept Gods will in this, in the end he will be with him in Heaven.

This is something that we will all face.

We come into this world naked, wet, and screaming. Mostly we leave it the same way.
The goods we have accumulated is not what makes a difference. The love we leave behind may be. Put your trust not in this world, nor its goods. All shall pass away.

Put your faith and your trust in the LORD. A thousand years in New Jerusalem with Jesus. Put your treasure away in heaven with Faith, Belief, and good works in the name of the Father. Be good to those around you. Remember the weakest, the poorest.

Blackwater
05-10-2017, 02:05 PM
Prayers up for Ronnie that, if the Docs are right, his transition be as painless and "comfortable" as possible. Facing our own deaths will always be the biggest "biggie" we will ever know, and it's good to see a person facing that possibility/liklihood with Faith and composure. Men like this are always an inspiration, and a glowing example of what I think God expects of we who have real Faith. Yeah, there's a lot of reasons we may want to stay here, but .... God has assured us that "all things work to the good for those who love the Lord," and though we may be reluctant to shed these bodies we wear now, that's mostly because we simply don't know yet quite what it is that we will transition to, or at least don't know for SURE what all will be involved in that transition. But that's just our very human "fear of the unknown" coming out in us. We have all the assurances that we could possibly need that it'll be a much better realm we will enter, providing that we have real, bona fide faith. I've long said that my greatest "sin" may well be loving THIS world a little TOO much! I've been full of wonder and awe at our surroundings here for so long, and appreciated and come to love it so much, that I guess it was inevitable? But I ALSO know that we've been given a wondrous world here, but that the one to come will be SO much better, and devoid of the limitations our faril bodies we wear now are full of, and devoid of the temptations we face constantly here. Truly, God knows best, and if we will simply Trust Him, the transition can be as peaceful and serene as we humans are probably capable of. God bless Ronnie and his family, and keep them in his Loving Arms.

Everyone we meet has a story, and we so often forget that. Casual conversations with strangers can elicit wondrous appreciation of how God truly works among us. Long ago, I started striking up conversations, or attempting to, with strangers. It's amazing what one can learn doing that. We're FAR from "alone" in our daily challenges and concerns! Faith can and will see us through each and every one of them, though. Christ never promised us a "rose garden" here. That's for Heaven. But he DID give us a wonder and awe-filled world to compensate, I think, for all the challenges and "problems" we encounter. So many of our "problems" are of our own making, that it's a wonder we don't really have a lot more in this life. We tend to "learn" and "grow" ONLY when we're challenged. It's good to see a man who's learned and grown to the point he can be happy with his transition to the next realm. What an inspiration these days!

smoked turkey
05-10-2017, 02:23 PM
The steps of a righteous man are ordered of the Lord according to His Word. I believe that the steps of two men were ordered by the Lord the day you and Ronnie met. It is always to know how to pray for something such as this. I just pray that God's will be done, and everything will work to the best conclusion. Many good prayers and thoughts ahead of mine have been mentioned and I can't offer anything more profound than has been said. I'll just say that in the Spiritual, things usually happen for a reason. In praying for God's will to be done, we know that everything has a purpose and God causes paths to cross for a good reason. We will see it shortly come to pass.

308Jeff
05-10-2017, 06:07 PM
Prayers sent for Ronnie and his family.

Freightman
05-10-2017, 06:30 PM
Pray that he is healed, a sister in Christ was told she had cancer again. We prayed earnestly that she be healed, she went to MD Anderson for treatment when they ran the test they came back and said " you are cancer free". The Dr that sent her swares that his test was accurate and showed cancer.

Boaz
05-10-2017, 07:13 PM
Frieghtman I have seen this one many times .

They called the family in the conference room at the county hospital bout 20 years ago at one in the morning .. Said my mother in law wouldn't see the sunrise . Two weeks later she was going to margarita night at El Gordo's restaurant on a Wednesday night . Yes sir ! I have seen it . Praise GOD !

GhostHawk
05-10-2017, 08:57 PM
Amen brother Boaz! Amen. To GOD be the Glory.

Bzcraig
05-11-2017, 12:07 AM
Should God heal Ronnie, praise His Holy name! Should He not, may Ronnie's passing be peaceful and his family​ be comforted, protected and their hearts healed quickly.l

USMC87
05-11-2017, 06:35 AM
Ronnie is added to our prayer list.

Blackwater
05-12-2017, 05:02 PM
As mentioned, apparently spontaneous healings DO still occur, even today. I pray Ronnie never gives up hope, and also never fears the transition he's facing. We'll all meet our ends here one day, and those who've died and come back, have seemed typically to never again fear death. I find that awe and wonder inspiring, and reassuring all at once. Only God, in his Perfect Wisdom, knows what's best for any of us. Wise men and women have bowed to His will since time immemorial. It'll always be our best tactic to pray for what we want, and then be thankful for whatever we get. That way, we might get what we want, but in the end, can be assured that whatever we get is what is best for us if we love our Lord. What a wonderful win-win situation! And all by the simple Grace of God! Do we worship a wonderfilled and loving God, or what?