PDA

View Full Version : New Lee Precision Sizer on the Horizon

jmort
05-08-2017, 04:24 PM
So I have been advised that there is a new Lee precision Sizer on the horizon.
This would be a bottom out deal
No more flip
Will provide more info as I get it

kungfustyle
05-08-2017, 04:57 PM
Crud, something else to buy. I just love all the money we save casting and reloading our own ammo. :kidding:
Thanks for the heads up.

dragon813gt
05-08-2017, 06:19 PM
Are the dies for them going to be the correct size out of the box? The ones I got from their custom shop always were. The stock ones off the shelf are a coin flip. More competition is always good. But most of us are to heavily invested in the LAM/4500 or Stars to buy another sizer.

jmort
05-08-2017, 06:36 PM
I don't know about dimensional accuracy, seems like that would not change
I have never owned a "lubrisizer" so no loss for me
For me it would save the trouble of running an upside down press for sizing
I was deciding how to mount a press upside down
I tumble lube/PC so perfect for me, especially if it uses the Lee/NOE sizing dies
We shall see

dragon813gt
05-08-2017, 06:43 PM
I don't know about dimensional accuracy, seems like that would not change
I have never owned a "lubrisizer"
For me it would save the trouble of running an upside down press for sizing
I was deciding how to mount a press upside down
We shall see

You're their targeted market then. I'm assuming they will take their existing dies. While easy to hone the fact you may have to do it always disappointed me. It sounds like it's going to be a low cost option for those that coat their bullets and don't need to lube them.

jmort
05-08-2017, 06:51 PM
BTW
I having been using the NOE Die and nose bushings which are accurate

dragon813gt
05-08-2017, 07:20 PM
BTW
I having been using the NOE Die and nose bushings which are accurate

That's what I've been using for bullets I coat w/ BLL. They are spot on and very affordable.

Bzcraig
05-09-2017, 12:24 AM
I'll stick with NOE......

TexasGrunt
05-09-2017, 08:26 AM
I'll stick with NOE......

If it's just the sizer then it might take the NOE.

jmort
05-09-2017, 08:45 AM
It is not a question of sticking with NOE
As I understand it, it will be a bottom eject bullet sizer
That will use nose first sizing dies like Lee and NOE
No need to flip a press upside down to size

mold maker
05-09-2017, 10:19 AM
Wonder how long it will take RCBS to intro an improved model and dies for it?

Walter Laich
05-09-2017, 03:56 PM
I'm 71, hope to live to see it actually on the shelves

Freightman
05-09-2017, 05:45 PM
I had a small Lee c press no problem to mount upside down , works great just put a box under it size a 1000 in not a lot of time. I PC all my boolits so cast, PC, size and done.

fralic76
05-09-2017, 09:17 PM
Can't wait to see it.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

HeavyMetal
05-09-2017, 10:58 PM
to the OP who was your Leak and have you seen a picture??

Bzcraig
05-09-2017, 11:15 PM
It is not a question of sticking with NOE
As I understand it, it will be a bottom eject bullet sizer
That will use nose first sizing dies like Lee and NOE
No need to flip a press upside down to size

But will it have the same tight tolerances as NOE? I use mostly Lee products so this isn't intended to bash Lee in any form or fashion. My luck with their sizers hasn't been good, I've had to open up all but one to get to the size that was stamped on the die. So though the principle is great, unless tolerances are better, it wouldn't interest me.

jmort
05-09-2017, 11:41 PM
I have Lee and NOE sizers
I have been using the NOE sizing die and bushings
This is not about nose first sizing dies
It is about a bottom eject sizer
No need to flip a press upside down

jmort
05-09-2017, 11:41 PM
I have not seen a picture
Hope to have more info tomorrow

Drew P
05-10-2017, 03:07 AM
Remind me again why we like bottom eject so much more?

TexasGrunt
05-10-2017, 09:42 AM

Drop boolit in, pull handle, and repeat till you're out of boolits.

dragon813gt
05-10-2017, 10:34 AM

Use a Star and you will understand.

Sghinds
05-10-2017, 12:47 PM
I am very interested in this. If it uses their sizing dies, I'm going to seriously think about getting one. I am thinking of mounting an old RCBS JR3 upside down and reversing the stroke just for a bullet sizer, but will await more details on this and a release date.

WickedColt
05-10-2017, 01:13 PM
I am very interested to find out more details of this...I wonder what the price is as well as all the other possible ancillary costs.

TexasGrunt
05-10-2017, 01:30 PM
I'm hoping it comes in at around $100 or so. It really doesn't have to be built like a tank, nor does it have to be all that big. If I had to guess I'm betting it's just a press designed around their sizing dies.

What would be really nice is if it works on the upstroke instead of the down stroke.

Walter Laich
05-10-2017, 06:22 PM
I'm hoping it comes in at around $100 or so. It really doesn't have to be built like a tank, nor does it have to be all that big. If I had to guess I'm betting it's just a press designed around their sizing dies.

What would be really nice is if it works on the upstroke instead of the down stroke.

when you turn a regular press upside down instead of pulling down to raise the ram to the top of the press you will will lift the handle to bring the ram to the top (which is now on the bottom) of the press.

You get used to the opposite movement of the handle quite quickly

VHoward
05-10-2017, 07:32 PM
I hope it doesn't end up like the press mounted bullet pulling unit that Lee was going to release and never did. I even saw a video of him demonstrating it and it looked promising.

jmort
05-18-2017, 11:28 AM
I have it from John Lee, over one year out at best. So let's hope someone has the sense to make/market a simple bottom out sizing tool that is bottom out and allows us to use NOE/Lee sizing dies. I do not want to wait a year or two. I don't need or want a lubrisizer as I use PC and tumble lube. I will hope and pray somone gets a solution to us. Hope and pray

TexasGrunt
05-18-2017, 11:52 AM
I have it from John Lee, over one year out at best. So let's hope someone has the sense to make/market a simple bottom out sizing tool that is bottom out and allows us to use NOE/Lee sizing dies. I do not want to wait a year or two. I don't need or want a lubrisizer as I use PC and tumble lube. I will hope and pray somone gets a solution to us. Hope and pray

I agree. Several members here have made them for personal use. I've seen a couple of good designs.

dverna
05-18-2017, 02:08 PM
I agree. Several members here have made them for personal use. I've seen a couple of good designs.

Agree Tex. Pretty simple to do. Just mount the press upside down.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/807734/lee-breech-lock-reloader-single-stage-press?cm_mmc=pf_ci_google-_-Reloading+-+Metallic+Reloading+Presses-_-Lee-_-807734&gclid=CIT5vJeE-tMCFQkLaQod84kKtQ

I think this is the one I have seen mounted that way and it is really cheap.

Master Samwise
05-20-2017, 01:37 PM
after reading some of these forums and watching a couple of videos, I mounted a press upside down off of a portable jawhorse by Rockwell and hung a bucket underneath to catch 'em

Master Samwise
05-20-2017, 01:53 PM
I also saw where someone modified a lee bullet feeder to feed cast PC bullets into an upright mounted press, I just might give that a try.