PDA

View Full Version : Miniature Schnauzer that loves a laser

DCP
04-30-2017, 10:28 AM
We have a 20lb Miniature Schnauzer that loves a laser

I have some handguns that have a laser on them. While fondling them in my favorite easy chair. I would activate the laser on the rug. Sherry saw the little red dot and we were off. She acts like a cat and tries to get the laser. So when I get any handgun in my hand she is right there ready to go.

I told the wife I needed a laser for all my handguns. She looks at me and says well don't get them all at one time. LOL

Sherry has fingered it out were the light comes from and knows I control it.

I had to buy a laser pointer (safer and cheaper), She knows were its kept and if I reach anywhere near it she is right there.

So you might want to give it a try. The Vet even had a laser pointer in a Christmas basket.
Its gives them great exercise (rained here for the last 3 days)

Anyone else dog chase lasers?

DougGuy
04-30-2017, 10:34 AM
Them lasers will make a hound dog climb a pine tree!

country gent
04-30-2017, 11:17 AM
Dads border collie blue healer loved the laser pointers. He would have chased them right up the wall. Cats also go nuts over them. Yesterday at the LGS picking up a new rifle I found it interesting that the boxer there wouldn't leave my walker alone. The owner was on him and I told Chad you guys play with him with tennis balls, he thinks the ones on my walkers back legs are his toys too. Took them off and put them in the Daughters purse and He left the walker alone. LOL

TexasGrunt
04-30-2017, 11:24 AM
My Cockatoo loves playing with the laser dot sometimes.

lightman
04-30-2017, 01:44 PM
I've played with our cat until she will not even look at the laser anymore. My Sons Lab, now he will tear something up chasing it. I use it like a live critter would act, that is I bring it out from under a piece of furniture and park it back under something when finished.

merlin101
04-30-2017, 02:00 PM
My Pitbull loves to chase a laser dot around, my wife hates it cause all the throw rugs end up all over.

Larry Gibson
04-30-2017, 03:48 PM
My Miniature Schnauzer (Akela) not only chases a laser dot but loves ice cubes........

but also...."sssshhhh....it's wabbit season......"

Larry Gibson

LIMPINGJ
04-30-2017, 04:56 PM
Grandson and the dog can clean the ice out of a glass of iced tea before I can hardly have a chance to get a swallow.

DCP
04-30-2017, 08:09 PM
My Miniature Schnauzer (Akela) not only chases a laser dot but loves ice cubes........

but also...."sssshhhh....it's wabbit season......"

Larry Gibson

Sherry loves Ice cubes also. When she hears the ice maker run she at the wife's feet to get anything that falls on the floor.
When you finish a drink, if you rattle the ice she is there in a heart beat.
She chase the rabbits out of the back yard also.

ghh3rd
04-30-2017, 09:10 PM
She was getting a bit old at this point, but still ran for the laser... got the laser many years ago at Lowes on their clearance table marked down from $30 to $15. I found that it didn't measure worth a darn, but boy the dogs love it. One 9v battery lasts all year with heavy use. Maybe they should have marketed it as a dog toy :-).

https://youtu.be/uESSglH3CkM

TexasGrunt
05-01-2017, 08:48 AM
I can't keep a lid on my mug of ice water because Munchkin loves to sit on the handle and crunch the ice. I never thought I'd see a Cockatoo that liked to eat ice. He's also been trying to figure out how to drink out of the straw like his papa does. He's mastered drinking out of a glass like we do.

44man
05-01-2017, 03:25 PM
Be careful about the dog's eyes. Only takes a flash or reflection.

LUBEDUDE
05-01-2017, 03:32 PM
I have a Rough Collie (Lassie) and a Border Collie that will do it all day if I have the time.

One evening I shot the Laser on the Temperature Gun down the dark hall into the dark bedroom, so I thought! Turns out the bedroom door was closed. You know what happened next. I felt soooo bad and guilty.

Now I make SURE that door is open.

daengmei
05-01-2017, 03:44 PM
I have 3 that go nuts when I pickup anything that resembles the laser. Wife hates the noise. If I take the male blue healer outside at dusk, he will do laps around our garden fence till he drops. Do mind the eyes, will damage them just like humans.

DCP
05-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Be careful about the dog's eyes. Only takes a flash or reflection.

http://www.pattyvisioncenters.com/index.php/myth_busters/myth/can_laser_pointers_hurt_your_eyes

Conclusion: Myth Confirmed

While it is unlikely most lasers used in toys, games, and laser pointers can permanently damage your eyes, it is theoretically possible so caution should be exercised. However, spilt second exposure from type II or IIIA laser pointers will not result in any permanent damage. Shining a laser pointer in someone’s eye performing certain visual tasks can cause flash blindness and result in an accident. Children should never play with lasers unsupervised and no one should use a laser that is not properly labeled by the United States Food and Drug Administration. It is possible to order very powerful lasers over the internet and there use is definitely dangerous.

RogerDat
05-01-2017, 05:12 PM
You really want to make your mini happy get her a mouse in a plastic ball. Great play value until the mouse has a heart attack :-)

For ours standard schnauzer it is the stream of water from a hose or sprinkler. She will chase that like a cat after a laser dot. Gets a little messy if she takes a mind to start biting the sprinkler stream and then go digging for moles. That beard starts looking worse than muddy work boots. Have to take hose and shoot stream for her to chase then let her catch and bite the water until her face is cleaned up.