PDA

View Full Version : Any members in North East Arizona?

foesgth
04-25-2017, 08:55 PM
Well, I guess I can't take any more. The State of California seems to think I should take the M1 carbine magazines my father carried in WWII up to the police station to be destroyed. So, after 6 generations in this state I am going to vote with my feet. SWMBO (aka 22calgal) and I are thinking of moving to the Show Low area. Any of you folks live around there? I could use any info you might be willing to give. We are going over for another week, starting May 7, to look around. Finding a place to live is easy, finding a place with a shop is hard. You guys need any surfboards?

trails4u
04-25-2017, 10:53 PM
Good luck with the surfboard crowd!....however, I lived in the Prescott area for awhile, and spend quite a few weekends in and around the Show Low area. Nothing there you won't love! Other than the surfing.....

runfiverun
04-26-2017, 09:33 AM
put some straps on the surfboards they will work on snow too.

pjames32
04-26-2017, 11:03 PM
I'm in Northwest NM at 5600' elevation. We love it, but no surfing.

ShooterAZ
04-27-2017, 07:30 PM
I live in Flagstaff, a bit further to the north. Winters can be interesting, we average over 100" of snow per season here. Showlow probably doesn't get quite that much. The summers are pure Heaven though, and more than make up for the winter.

Jr.
04-28-2017, 10:31 AM
I live about 60 miles from show low, it is a very nice area. The winters are cold with plenty of snow, the summers are mild with generally good rains. I think you will be happy with this choice.