PDA

View Full Version : Feeling down right now....

TexasGrunt
04-23-2017, 05:21 PM
My back hurts to no end, right knee is all swollen and feels like someone is jabbing a red hot spike into it, I've got a really nasty case of diaper rash going and my tinnitus is driving me crazy right now. My surgery to correct my leak isn't till mid June so I'll be stuck in diapers for almost two more months. It's all come together today in a perfect storm.

sghart3578
04-23-2017, 05:33 PM
I feel for you my friend. I can't imagine anything that a person would tell you will help much.

Every morning I set aside 5 or 10 minutes of alone time and I literally count my blessings. I mentally list everything good and positive, from my wife of 32 years to my grandkids, etc.

I hope things get better for you, I really do.

Steve in N CA

Houndog
04-23-2017, 05:34 PM
All those problems are hard to deal with but remember GOD gave you another day on this Earth, you know where you are and can still tell folks about it. Lots of other folks would like to say the same. I DON'T say this to in any way try to minimize your conditions, just pointing out that no matter how bad we think we are someone is always worse.

Gettin old ain't for sissies!

shoot-n-lead
04-23-2017, 06:04 PM
Prayer sent or your situation to improve.

sparky45
04-23-2017, 06:18 PM
From an old Navy Corpsman - I could tell you a bunch of carp about how you need to suck it up, yada, yada, yada; however, I'll say just this: GOD will never give you anymore than you can handle.
Praying for you brother.

308Jeff
04-23-2017, 06:50 PM
Man, I know you wouldn't be complaining unless it's really botherin' you.

Prayers sent your way, brother.

xs11jack
04-23-2017, 07:39 PM
Prayers sent for you. Call upon the Lord.
Ole Jack

Porterhouse
04-23-2017, 07:44 PM
I wish I can give you a massage. At least, I feel that way. I don't know you, never met you but anyone who's suffering physically and/or mentally suffering in this small society of castboolits is my friend.

MrWolf
04-23-2017, 08:02 PM
I feel some of your pain but hang in there. Prayers out to you.

Thumbcocker
04-23-2017, 08:22 PM
Rooting for you.

runfiverun
04-23-2017, 08:31 PM
this might help for a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYTbZ1XNUDM

Hogdaddy
04-23-2017, 08:49 PM
Prayers sent your way, May God bless you & lay his healing hand on you ..

TexasGrunt
04-24-2017, 08:45 AM
Thanks everyone.

Right now I've got a cold pack on my knee and my binky, aka heating pad, on my back. In a couple of minutes my feathered kid is going to think it's breakfast time and I'm going to have to get out of my recliner. That will give me some indication of how the day is going to go.

buckwheatpaul
04-24-2017, 02:37 PM
Father please come to the aide of TexasGrunt. His health is suffering and he needs the kind of healing that you can do. Please guide the physicians that are helping him and please guide the surgeons that will do his surgery. Please move the surgery up so that TexasGrunt can get some relief. Father, all is possible through You and I pray that You come to him with grace and help so that he can be whole again. AMEN

TexasGrunt
04-27-2017, 07:49 PM
I got some great news yesterday. My surgery will be next week. There was an opening and the doctor really wanted to get me in ASAP. Called and asked if I'd like to have it done next week. Needless to say I jumped at the chance.

Looking at a cuff revision or perhaps a complete replacement, I really hope it's a cuff revision (replacement) as the removal and replacement of the entire device is a rather brutal surgery with a much longer recovery time. A revision could have me fishing by the end of next month. A replacement is at least six weeks.

Revision = cut the taint.

Replacement = cut the taint, nut and belly. When your nuts look like large black plums it's not a good feeling, they're also VERY tender.

In the end I just want to be dry again.

runfiverun
04-27-2017, 09:00 PM
good god a chance to go fishing.
sounds like you might make it out before I do, unless I run some jigs through the flooding basement.

lightman
04-28-2017, 09:02 AM
Thats good news My Friend! Praying for you to get the easier route. You gotta get better because you have all those wheelweights to sort and melt! And a boat that needs to get into the water! Please keep us informed, we're thinking about you.

Lloyd Smale
04-28-2017, 02:19 PM
I got bad news today too. Ive had 5 back surgerys in the past and for the last 2 months have been in some real pain. No feeling in either of my feet. Found out today all the work previously done on my back will probably need to be redone. I go and see the surgeon next Friday. Good news is I don't need a diaper. that really sucks! I feel for you and it makes me quit feeling sorry for myself knowing others have it worse! Good luck with your surgery!!

gatortommy
04-28-2017, 03:00 PM
Loved the dog video!

smoked turkey
04-28-2017, 03:13 PM
TexasGrunt: I do feel your pain. After the removal of my cancerous prostate 11 months ago, I still have leaks on a daily basis. I have chosen to focus on the positive side. It has been one year, and my latest PSA blood work indicates that at a reading of zero, I am cancer free!! For me that is huge. I don't like being wet. But, it could be much worse for me. My glass is half full, not half empty. I give my Great Physician, Jesus Christ, all the glory. I recommend that you minister to some other sick and hurting folks and you will see, like me, that you do have blessings. You may have to look for them, but I am sure they are there.

OeldeWolf
04-28-2017, 03:13 PM
I do not envy anyone their ailments. Unfortunately, many of us end up with them. My wife is facing back surgery, the pain and numbness from nerve compression have reached that point. Fractured vertebrae from an industrial accident. Myself, my own immune system is attacking/destroying my body. Add in the side effects of the medications, and I can sympathize a lot with almost everyone, lol. Not quite in diapers, but taking meds to avoid that. Only good news is I have been losing weight, and the CPAP is helping me sleep better.

I hope you need only the lesser of the procedures, and that the outcome puts you back in the fishing. R5R, I hope you recover quicker, and more fully, than the docs believe is possible.