PDA

View Full Version : New Member

ronbo
07-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Hello,

I just discovered this cast bullet forum. I started casting bullets in 1970 and am still using the same Lyman 61 lead melter with some minor repairs over the years and Lyman 450 sizer I bought back then. I am a retired cable splicer and worked with lead splice cases and lead cable for years so never had a problem scrounging casting lead. I have my lead pot set up in the garage with a swing away blower above it vented outside through a 4 inch dryer vent. Ron

uncle joe
07-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Welcome Ron this is a great place to swap info on just about anything you can think of. I have not seen another forum that has as great a bunch of guys on it than this one
Welcome aboard
JE:Fire:

Rick N Bama
07-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the board Ron. I'm a retired Service Tech (Installer/Repairman) from the local phone co. but didn't take up casting until a couple years after retirement. Unlike you, I did not take advantage of the lead supply I had close at hand while I was working with the stuff.

Rick

TexasJeff
07-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Hello Ron,

There's a rule here that when new members post for the first time and mention anything about having lead or their source of lead, they have to send 50 pounds, in ingot form, to each of the first ten respondents to your initial post.

It's a little known rule--so little known in fact that I'm not even sure the Search function could find it.

So while you're packaging up the ingots to us in the flat-rate boxes, I'll see if I can scrounge it up. [smilie=1:

:kidding:

Welcome. Great, great bunch of folks here.

Jeff

copdills
07-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Welcome to the forum Ron glad your here just jump right in both feet lol

RustyFN
07-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Welcome Ron. I'm new to casting myself and this has been a great site for me. I think you will enjoy it here.
Rusty

Lead melter
07-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Hello Ron,

There's a rule here that when new members post for the first time and mention anything about having lead or their source of lead, they have to send 50 pounds, in ingot form, to each of the first ten respondents to your initial post.

It's a little known rule--so little known in fact that I'm not even sure the Search function could find it.

Cast Boolit Rules of Posting

Section 12-7.012

Subsection A-98

Paragraph "C"

Phrase "f"

Clause 954-327

This ruling applies to all/and any members gullible enough to fall for it.

And in the event there are not ten posters within 10 days, the entire amount is then forwarded to the member who reminded the board of the rule [TexasJeff], and the member who relayed the information of the ruling's location [Lead melter].

No need for any embarrassment, this stuff happens all the time.

So, when do we get our ingots?

docone31
07-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Heh, heh, heh, heh.
Hey Newbie, remember, the only foolish question is the one not asked and acted upon.
You gonna meet some great folks here. I wish they were on some of the other forums I am on.

RustyFN
07-14-2008, 09:40 PM
If I post two times in the first ten does that mean I get two shares of lead?:drinks:
Rusty

ronbo
07-14-2008, 10:01 PM
I am surely being attacked by rabid lead scroungers. But I must be suffering from the effects of long term handling and breathing of lead fumes because I have CRS and won't remember the attack later anyway. Thanks for the warm welcome, Ron

wills
07-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Welcome to the asylum, and don’t believe everything you read here about sheep.

uncle joe
07-14-2008, 11:27 PM
I am surely being attacked by rabid lead scroungers. But I must be suffering from the effects of long term handling and breathing of lead fumes because I have CRS and won't remember the attack later anyway. Thanks for the warm welcome, Ron

yep he's gonna fit right in here
:mrgreen:

Blammer
07-15-2008, 10:05 AM
:-D welcome!