PDA

View Full Version : Need help with editing post and closing threads

strangwn
07-14-2008, 02:20 PM
I have a Swappin & Sellin thread with multiple items listed for sale. As items sold, I was editing my original post, but now cannot see how to edit it again. Is there a time limit for doing that?
I also don't see how to close my thread, which is what I want to do if I cannot continue to edit the original post. Please help.

waksupi
07-14-2008, 08:44 PM
strangwn, look at the page where your post was made. Do you have a Thread Tools place shown? If you do, you can edit from there.
I'm not sure what regular members can see on thier screen.

strangwn
07-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the response. Thread Tools has 4 options: Show Printable, Email, Subscribe, and Add a Poll. In the lower right corner of my original post, the Edit box is no longer there. I have other posts that I have made in this thread. Only the last 3 posts that I have made have Edit boxes, but I need to be able to edit the original.

45nut
07-15-2008, 11:45 AM
I have a Swappin & Sellin thread with multiple items listed for sale. As items sold, I was editing my original post, but now cannot see how to edit it again. Is there a time limit for doing that?
I also don't see how to close my thread, which is what I want to do if I cannot continue to edit the original post. Please help.

Yes, there IS a time limit to editing, any moderator can edit your posts however and we are all quite amenable to helping as requested,, just send one of us a pm with your request.

Only staff members can close threads or make them stickies. Again, just send a request.

We have a good staff and a popular board with thousands upon thousands of posts, even the best of us cannot hope to see every post so we rely on you, the member to bring us up to date and make changes when needed.

We are not primarily a swapping and selling board, it is a nice option for our members but I doubt any of our staff is interested in viewing every post and thread there.
I am dismayed at times when I see the post counts in S&S being an overwhelming number for any member versus actively taking part in the main reason for our board.