PDA

View Full Version : Explosion at Lake City on Tuesday

ranger391xt
04-12-2017, 11:41 AM
Just saw this in an publication that came to my inbox this morning.

http://www.ien.com/safety/news/20857919/explosion-at-ammunition-plant-kills-1-injures-4

Prayers for the injured workers and the family of the worker that was killed.

LeadPoisonTX
04-12-2017, 12:32 PM
Sad news. I hope the injured recover fast. Prayers for all.

shdwlkr
04-12-2017, 12:35 PM
Making ammunition is dangerous work and mixing the chemicals for primers is most likely one of most dangerous. Prayers to all that were injured and one who was killed and their families. We should also pray for all that work at that plant as none of the work they do is really without danger.

gtrpickr
04-12-2017, 12:48 PM
Its always sad to hear about those accidents, my prayers go out to their families,

pjames32
04-12-2017, 12:53 PM
Dangerous jobs mixing primer stuff! Prayers and speedy recovery.

10-x
04-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Condolencs to the family of the deceased worker. Sad event at one of the most important ammo facilities we have. Everyone knows L.C.

jmort
04-12-2017, 08:20 PM
Most unfortunate. Primer compound is volatile to say the least

country gent
04-12-2017, 09:55 PM
My prayers and thoughts to the families of the injured. This will be a hard time for all the employees also. While the ammo components are dangerous are they the primary reason for the explosion? Or was it a boiler Air system or other machinery. Factories can be dangerous for many reasons. Older boilers that supply heat and or steam for production, Hot metals in casting operations, we had a 50,000 lb furnace blow due to moisture. Older cooling systems that still use ammonia and or other manufacturing process. Then throw in the tugs lift trucks and pallet mover always on the go.

runfiverun
04-12-2017, 10:08 PM
the primer compound is extremely explosive and is taken super serious at the ammo plants.
I have been out to ATK where they make the priming compound to do some contractor work for them and they are deadly serious about working around the stuff or even in the buildings where it's made even if there isn't any present.
you can't even take a cigarette lighter into the compound.

and do not make little clay animals out of the compound in the big steel bins,,, OMG!!! do they get mad.