PDA

View Full Version : Best price for tools

abunaitoo
04-05-2017, 07:22 PM
Who has the best prices for reloading equipment????
I'm looking to get some Lyman top punches.
I've checked Midway, Midsouth, Natchez, Graf.
So far Midsouth has the lowers price.
Any other places I can check????

dragon813gt
04-05-2017, 08:32 PM
Amazon is who I normally buy from because I'm a Prime member. No shipping charge and I have it in two days. Their prices are usually comparable to other vendors.

DerekP Houston
04-05-2017, 08:40 PM
Watch the shipping on midway....they'll charge you twice if it comes from different warehouses. I use amazon as well for most of mine.

Drew P
04-05-2017, 11:58 PM
They all have good specials now and then but I'd say for most stuff grafs is the best overall prices. But then cabelas will have primers for 18.99$

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-06-2017, 11:42 AM
This is a bit off topic (in regards to top punches), but when I order from Midway, Midsouth, Natchez, or Graf ...especially if I am ordering a mold or 22LR ammo, I prefer to order from Midsouth, solely because they package their orders like they are going to the moon, they pack the items better than anyone else.

I've received a couple different orders from Natchez that were poorly packed, one where 3 Lee 2 cavity molds bounced around and came out of the Lee box AND another where 22LR match ammo was poorly packed and the Federal factory box got busted open and there was loose ammo laying on the bottom of the shipping box ...GRRR.

OuchHot!
04-06-2017, 04:59 PM
graf if it is bulky or heavy.....the shipping usually makes up the price difference. Often Amazon prime will be free shipping but I suspect I am supporting anti-gun people.

Skunk1
04-06-2017, 05:20 PM
Try the WTB here on site. Used but cheaper than new. Someone would surely have what your looking for.

gwpercle
04-06-2017, 05:51 PM
You say you are looking for "Lyman top punches" one neat thing I have discovered are flat punches....if a boolit has any kind of flat spot on it a flat punch will seat it and do it better than most that are supposed to fit that boolit....a lot of times they don't fit.
The flat punch will seat wadcutters , semi-wadcutters , truncated cone , round flat , flat nosed and in a pinch I used them on some round nose 9 mm's and they worked just fine !
Flat is where it's at ,
I filled a round nose cavity punch I seldom used with JB Weld and sanded it dead flat to make one.
Gary

tinsnips
04-06-2017, 09:04 PM
Midsouth is my favorite supplier have been buying from them for many years an never have had one problem. I would rather pay a little more an not have any problems to deal with.

Mk42gunner
04-07-2017, 02:57 PM
I like Midsouth. They seem to have the best service of the major reloading houses. Plus if I order from Graf's or Midway, the state takes its cut.

Robert

juan916
05-04-2017, 10:47 PM
Amazon

KenT7021
05-05-2017, 12:34 PM
If you have a C&R license Graf's gives dealer discounts.I normally buy from Graf's or Midway.It depends on which one has an item in stock.

John Boy
05-05-2017, 01:27 PM
Amazon and then put the product in the browser to search if another vendor is lower that doesn't sell on Amazon. Track of the Wolf usually has lower prices also