PDA

View Full Version : Praise Report

Hickok
04-02-2017, 04:47 PM
Just want to give God all the glory and appreciation due Him through the Name of His Son and my Savior Jesus Christ, as I have as of now retired!

Last 8 years have been very stressful due to the Government putting coal miners out of work, but by the grace and care of God Almighty, I have been brought to where I am today, and I am able to retire.

Being a Baptist lay preacher, I also gave the sermon today in our church, hallelujah, what a great day!

I want to thank each and every one here for your prayers over time, as they have lifted me up and carried me, and I give all the praise to God through Christ's Name for the brothers and sister here!

God bless you all!

shoot-n-lead
04-02-2017, 04:51 PM
Congrats!

Enjoy it.

As a very recent retiree...it is great work, if you can get it.

rl69
04-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Good deal now you have more time to minister too the flock :)

BNE
04-02-2017, 08:23 PM
Good for you. I hope you're not done preaching.

I have another 20 years!!

Boaz
04-02-2017, 08:56 PM
I'm glad you can retire Hickok ! There will be plenty to keep you busy ...GRAND KIDS ! Bless you brother .

USMC87
04-02-2017, 10:19 PM
I am so happy to hear of your retirement, I pray for you always and appreciate you as my friend and most importantly my brother in Christ.

6bg6ga
04-02-2017, 10:57 PM
Best of luck to you and keep up the good work. I hope God will guide and watch over me carefully as I manage my last year before I retire.

Bzcraig
04-02-2017, 10:58 PM
Well done good and faithful servant! Now just have to figure out how to occupy your time.

Preacher Jim
04-02-2017, 11:02 PM
Be ready in season and at all time my brother. God uses a willing servents. You and your family are in my prayers.

buckwheatpaul
04-03-2017, 07:31 AM
Hickok.....I am so glad that you got the chance to retire. Now your lay-pastor role will probably mushroom.....spread the WORD brother! Paul

Blackwater
04-04-2017, 03:11 PM
Congratulations, Hickock! And condolences, too! You just THOUGHT you worked hard and neverendingly when you were working for a living. Now, you'll find things that need doing, and will continue to do so until your last day here. But count it all for good, because it's a wonderful opportunity to get to do all the "little things" that you put off while working because you just didn't have the time for them all.

I think you're gonna' love retirement. Just don't go thinking that it's "the life of Riley!" ;^)

Hickok
04-07-2017, 12:56 PM
Thanks to all of you good people!

smokeywolf
04-07-2017, 01:06 PM
Congrats on your retirement Hickok. A couple of months from now you'll find yourself so busy that you'll ask yourself, "How did I ever find the time to go to work?"