PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice

buckwheatpaul
04-01-2017, 08:03 AM
Twice now I have posted, in the Humor section, truly funny cartoons that included an actual cartoon. I would copy the picture and paste it in the Humor section and it would show it was there ..... but I would get numerous reports that the cartoon was not there....only the writing would be there.....Do any of you have an idea of what I am doing wrong....Thanks for the help brothers and sisters! Paul [smilie=b:

slim1836
04-01-2017, 08:35 AM
Paul,
I'm not much of a computer person at all, however, I don't believe you can cut and paste and have it show up. I think you actually have to save the picture on your computer and then download it into your post using the insert images icon. That's how I've done it in the past.

I'm sure someone else may know an easier way.

Slim

Der Gebirgsjager
04-01-2017, 09:20 AM
I think Slim is right. The photo has to exist somewhere as a source where it can be uploaded to the website like your computer or like photobucket. The guys (well, a couple of them) that seem to be really good at it are Artful and Wilco. Perhaps they'll chime in with their expertise.

GhostHawk
04-01-2017, 09:23 AM
I can maybe help.

Instead of copy paste, when you see an image or graphic that you desire to share.
Right click mouse, "copy image location"

Then come here, click on the picture icon at the top of the message window. It is at the right, there is a world/chain icon for links. A world/red x icon for unlinking. Then a picture for pictures, and a video strip for video.

"Insert image" is what it is called. Click it once.
There are 2 tabs, "from computer" and "From URL" you want from URL.
You will see a line in the middle called "URL"

Paste your your "copy image location" into that bar and say ok.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f3/d2/7f/f3d27fdec19e1a2356c71c1fbc4d49ae.jpg

I seem to have the best luck if I uncheck the box that says "retrieve remote file"

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-01-2017, 08:59 PM
I don't know which ones can be copied and pasted...but I know some can and some can't.
I also can't explain why you see it and others don't.

this one was copied and pasted...looks like it worked with this one.
http://img.memecdn.com/copy-paste_o_1909621.jpg

bubba.50
04-01-2017, 11:14 PM
4 out of 7 of those people are cute as a button.

Der Gebirgsjager
04-01-2017, 11:30 PM
it is an interesting photo. I'm thinking that we're looking at two sets of triplets in the back row.

leeggen
04-01-2017, 11:54 PM
I beleive a guy could get in a lot of trouble dating one of those sisters. I don't know why some pics work and others don't, seems it is just that way.
CD