PDA

View Full Version : Where to "move" inline ML

10 ga
03-30-2017, 10:30 AM
Been trying to move some inline ml and not getting much traction. Have really nice 50 cal Knight MK85 blue/walnut and a Gonic blue/black in it's .499 cal. Had them on MM and no real interest on them. Had the Knight on "classifieds" here and only 1 tentative nibble. Any suggestions on forums and where to move them. Seems that the traditional guns stir interest but those early era slamfires don't move much. They are good rifles, well cared for, accurate and of reasonable price and mostly no interest. I know it's not the right season for moving a hunting gun but it has been 6 weeks +-. What you guys say, where to go or just wait for closer to hunting season. Thanks, 10

PS: Had 2 White rifles and they went PDQ. So quality sells. The Knight and Gonic are good quality too just don't have the rep the Whites have.

nagantguy
03-30-2017, 10:43 AM
I've tried as well to sell some in line smokers and not had much luck, don't know if it's all the bargain priced ones that have been abused and neglected that give them a bad rep; I gave the two I was trying to sell to a friend with two young boys; said if they take their first deer or bears with them than that would be better than money! I'm sorry I don't have any concrete advice for you other than try to use them as trade items or take to local gun show so people can see first hand that the bores aren't sewer pipes and the breech plugs aren't rusted shut. I've had a slump my self in selling and swapping, selling things I see people buying at reasonable prices but I've struck out a lot lately;I do know first hand that those old knight rifles were well made and would shoot!

johnson1942
03-30-2017, 01:09 PM
i think underhammers are the go to muzzle load now.

pietro
03-30-2017, 02:15 PM
Been trying to move some inline ml and not getting much traction.

Any suggestions on forums and where to move them.

I've had good luck on graybeard

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php

03-30-2017, 02:46 PM
Pictures? Condition? Price? They may or may not draw a good price, it's just the market. Post 'em again.

johnson1942
03-30-2017, 06:30 PM
trade for something that sells easier.

waarp8nt
03-30-2017, 06:42 PM
How much for the knight? I have a friend looking for an inline.

Squeeze
03-30-2017, 06:48 PM
The MK 85, seems like everyone has one. they are good shooters, but the Slam fire is just becoming outdated technology. Outside the White (DWB) crowd, they just arent a hot commodity, and theres plenty to be found. The Gonics kind of suffer a 3 strike before the pitch syndrome. 1: They are pretty unknown. Not many were made, and they just never rose in fame and popularity. 2: the undersize bore. Theres really only one option left to get commercially made bullets(and or sabots) for them, and thats already been around longer than anyone would have guessed. 3: any replacement part is virtually unobtainable. BUT I would say, at least in my book, either is a better gun than pretty much any break action. Its almost like trying to find a buyer for your old commodore 64 computer. Someone out there wants it for nostalgia, or to complete a collection. They just arent going to see the time afield anymore.

C. Latch
03-30-2017, 06:48 PM
'blued' and 'used muzzleloader' are like oil and water to the modern muzzleloader hunting crowd (of which I'm a member, honestly).

Most of us have seen so many neglected used muzzleloaders that we're reluctant to buy one that has not been neglected. Sure, stainless isn't much better if neglected, but most of us have the mentality that stainless is more immune to corrosion, whether it is or not.

mooman76
03-30-2017, 07:36 PM
Just an educated guess but inlines mostly attract the hunters rather than the recreationl shooters unlike the sidelock shooters that will tend to shoot more year round. Just before hunting season there is a better market for the inlines.

NSB
03-31-2017, 09:45 AM
"Reasonable price" is in the eyes of the seller only. Very few buyers will touch a used muzzle loader unless it's dirt cheap. Way too many neglected ones out there.....those are the norm for used ones. The market's full of used muzzle loaders and they just don't command much of a price. I've been shooting them for almost fifty years and never even consider a used one when I want another one. Sorry, but that's probably the way most muzzle loaders think when looking for one. If they are offered cheap enough someone might take a chance on them. You'd probably do better just finding them a good home with a friend or kid who's looking to get started. Lots of good will going that route. Second best option is a local range where someone can look at it and shoot it before buying it. Best of luck with this.

bubba.50
03-31-2017, 11:46 AM
it's kinda like an old country sayin', "he's a pretty good ol' boy, just ain't much call for good ol' boys these days."