PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, watch this!

Jim
07-10-2008, 09:36 PM
This won't take long to describe. Imagine the movers' surprise and reaction when I showed them my milk crates of 8 lb. alloy pigs and 5 gal. buckets of WWs.

That was hilarious!

SharpsShooter
07-10-2008, 09:40 PM
That had to be worth a good snicker at least.

SS

Shotgun Luckey
07-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Hope they wore their back braces!!!

imashooter2
07-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Doh!

Half your stuff just got "lost" and the other half is being treated as gently as a child molester on his first night in prison.

JeffinNZ
07-10-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm only laughin' cos' I moved house in Feb and had to shift MY OWN lead.

Johnch
07-10-2008, 11:36 PM
Last time I moved
I used a fork lift and drove loaded pallets of lead ingots the 300 yds
From house to house

Only way to move my stash

John

jhrosier
07-11-2008, 12:37 AM
When I moved halfway across the country in '76, I traded my ingots to a local caster. Two pounds of lead for one pound of cast boolits. I got about 20,000 boolits in trade.
The boolits, neatly packed in hundred round trays, went into 30 and 50 cal ammo cans and were not too hard to handle.
I just rediscovered the last 500 a few weeks ago, and despite the lube hardening and cracking, they shoot just as good as they did thirty some years ago.

Jack

blackthorn
07-11-2008, 10:02 AM
I hope it was a company paid move!! 4 years ago we moved from Vancouver to Kamloops (about 300+/- miles) and it cost a bloody fortune!! AND I moved my lead, guns and some of the really heavy stuff myself. In any case enjoy your new home.

13Echo
07-11-2008, 12:52 PM
We had a saying in the Army that, "Three moves was the equivalent of one good fire." Worked for me.

Jerry Liles

montana_charlie
07-11-2008, 02:20 PM
My Dad was in radio broadcasting for his whole life. He had a HUGE collection of LP albums...and we moved a lot. Talk about heavy...

On a move from Catalina Island to Reno, we loaded all his records into my '55 Chevy...and I followed him driving his '63 Impala and pulling a U-Haul.

It was the only time I ever drove a 'low rider'...

CM

mike in co
07-11-2008, 02:32 PM
when i moved from san diego to aurora co i was a single guy with 7 tool boxes, one spare engine for my 70 vw van, a spare trans, two work benches anda couple thousand pounds of vw spare parts. i had a small collection of gun stuff but only few actual guns. the guns were packed a day ahead by seperate packers wiht all guns logged but not left with the shipper.
when the estimator showed up all went well , she said pretty light load, and i said lets go look at the gagrage...lol. she did not understand the weight involved in the stuff in the gargage.

when the actual mover showed up...he nearly fainted....he called the home office and told them this would be a single household in a single truck...he would not mix my stuff with anyone elses....lol.

8-10 crank shafts, flywheels, wheels, tires. blocks, heads. 6'x3" cabinet with small part spares..aprox 50 pllus drawers.

they did manage to break a couple of items when it was all put in storage for a couple of weeks.

ohh and they paid to move the vw van also!

ohhh did i mention this was a company paid move.....

mike in co

copdills
07-11-2008, 02:39 PM
I bet they just looked at each other LOL :roll:

Geraldo
07-11-2008, 07:54 PM
I bet there eyes lit up like a kid at Christmas...if they were boolit casters.

Jim
07-11-2008, 08:58 PM
There were three guys. The two older gentlemen called the youngest when I showed them the alloy. "Andre, bring the hand truck!" "What the hell do you do with all this lead!?" "I make fishin' sinkers" and I let it go at that.