PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice...

TexasGrunt
03-28-2017, 05:58 PM
I've got a good friend and fishing buddy that is interested in a Glock 19 that I have. I'm not a big Glock fan but he is. What's being proposed is him trading me some of his no longer used casting equipment.

I know he has at least two 10 cavity H&G molds, maybe three, along with some other molds that I'm not sure of the maker. He also has a Star lubesizer and either a Saeco or Lyman bottom pour pot. I know one of the H&G molds is a 68 and the other is a .38 wadcutter mold.

Now I want this trade to be fair and looking at just the above that I know he has it seems I would be taking advantage of him in this trade. He's like a brother to me and would give me the shirt off his back.

Any advice?

wistlepig1
03-28-2017, 06:09 PM
If the buyer and the saler are happy, it's a good deal.

JohnH
03-28-2017, 06:10 PM
You know what you have in the Glock. You know or can find out the value of the trade items. Be honest with him and fair to your self. Above all, don't trade for something you value less than your Glock. Trading for the sake of trading is not fair to either of you

Josh Smith
03-28-2017, 06:26 PM
Trade plastic for steel?

You're ripping him off ;)

Josh

wv109323
03-29-2017, 10:37 AM
SWAG, the glock is worth 450 to 500. I would say the H&G molds 125-150 each. The lubrisizer is going around 250. The melting pot 100. All this depends on condition of each item, which would or could vary price. I consider all his listed items at a little more than your pistol.
If you want all of it I would offer him the pistol and negotiate a cash difference. Or ask him what value he puts on his items and then price your item to him. Trade according to your and his value of the items and there should be no hurt feelings.

runfiverun
03-29-2017, 11:32 AM
I'm with whistle pig.
if your both happy then it's a good deal.
he is trading you stuff that's going to waste at his house and your getting rid of a grock.

I'd trade a grock for a whistle and a lollypop and think I was coming out to the good.

mdi
03-29-2017, 11:52 AM
Win win situation. Would you miss the Glock? Do you have an "attachment" to the Glock? I'd make the trade...

TexasGrunt
03-29-2017, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't miss the Glock a bit. I have two XD 9mm pistols I prefer to shoot.