PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request for Family Reconciliation

davidheart
03-28-2017, 11:25 AM
Howdy guys, I know I haven't posted in a while but life has just been busy! Besides.... it was way too cold outside to cast. :D (Excuses excuses)

To try to keep this brief I was contacted last night by the 30+ year old daughter of some long standing friends of mine. It's hard to type this without being long-winded (type, delete, type, repeat...)

In short she told me she wanted to kill herself because of some things her parents (my friend's of 12+ years) said never happened. The only explanation as to how she got this notion in her head that these events occurred was because she visited a psychiatrist that led her to believe they did. Which honestly.... I believe. I've seen psychiatrists do that sort of therapy in an attempt to help people and my friends in all the time I've known them have never given me reason to disbelieve their word to me. I've also seen erratic, emotional behavior from this daughter of theirs which leads me to believe my friend's explanation much more than her story.

Regardless of the past events, I'm asking for prayer for healing in this family. If the daughter really is off her rocker (totally possible) I pray she settle down, repent of her sins and become a Christian (she's not one), and peace happen between her and her family. If my friends are being less than honest (very unlikely) with me I pray that the truth come out amongst themselves, forgiveness and healing occur, and still that the daughter repent of her sins and come to Jesus.

This is a very heavy thing that was laid in my lap last night and I'm having a personally hard time reconciling it all.

Preacher Jim
03-28-2017, 11:29 AM
Lord please help and heal this family situation.
in Jesus name
amen

Pine Baron
03-28-2017, 12:40 PM
davidheart, go where God leads you, my brother. It's not going to be easy, but perseverance, patience and prayer will get everyone through this. Praying for this family and the daughter. May God lead them down the path of reconciliation and truth. Praying for you too, brother. May your purpose be clear. In Jesus Name. Amen

Boaz
03-28-2017, 02:02 PM
Prayer is given , may the Lord help them resolve their problem . May she find GOD .

shoot-n-lead
03-28-2017, 02:15 PM
Prayer sent.

Seems that GOD is the only answer for this situation...and HE is certainly the only answer for this young lady's salvation.

dverna
03-28-2017, 02:29 PM
First...why did she call you?
Second...do not trust that your friends are what they appear to be in public.
Third...ask to attend her next visit with her psychiatrist. Do not believe her story.
Fourth...do not contact her parents unless she is OK with it..Do not ruin her trust. She may be psychotic but she still needs someone to trust.
Fifth...pray for wisdom

daniel lawecki
03-28-2017, 06:39 PM
Prayers sent try to help her find her way.

GhostHawk
03-28-2017, 10:13 PM
I've seen this one from both sides, from where there was abuse and everyone claimed there was not. And from where there was not abuse but 2 young girls claimed there was.

I make no judgements.

I pray Lord that you can help this situation. That your healing love and mercy supports all who are worthy. I ask that you send Davidheart the wisdom of Soloman that he may walk through this minefield and not be injured. I ask that wrong doing and abuse is punished if it exists. And that the young lady finds peace. Not my will Lord but thine be done.

In the name of God the Father, the Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit Amen.

Bzcraig
03-28-2017, 10:29 PM
davidheart, go where God leads you, my brother. It's not going to be easy, but perseverance, patience and prayer will get everyone through this. Praying for this family and the daughter. May God lead them down the path of reconciliation and truth. Praying for you too, brother. May your purpose be clear. In Jesus Name. Amen

In addition if there is any expectation you are to be the mediator, and you don't feel able and/or equipped let them know right away. It would be even worse if your relationship with them be compromised.

USMC87
03-29-2017, 06:26 AM
Situation will be on our prayer list, Please update as you can.

davidheart
03-29-2017, 09:22 AM
Thank you all for your words and prayers.

I don't know how this will pan out or if I'll be further involved in the matter, but if not anything at least my wife and I have been able to pray about the situation as well as y'all. The Lord deal with this situation in His will. If something really did happen, may it be dealt with. If nothing happened and the daughter is just trying to draw attention to herself, then may it be dealt with. In the whole situation, may the Lord's will be done and she come to a saving knowledge of Him.

buckwheatpaul
03-29-2017, 12:15 PM
Father, the young lady that davidheart is referring to is in need of the kind of healing that only you can supply. Please guide her toward the healing that will restore her relationship that she use to have with her family. Please be with the family and help them to understand their daughter and offer her the support that she so desperately need. Father, mental illness is one of the most difficult to deal with as well as to cure. Please allow this young lady to see the path that she needs to take to be healed while allowing the parents to see the path that they need to take to support and help their daughter heal. AMEN

jcren
03-29-2017, 12:24 PM
Prayers sent

Blackwater
03-29-2017, 02:21 PM
Wow, David! This is one of the stickiest and most trying positions one can possibly deal with, and it looks like it's dropped into your lap this time! Ghost gives VERY good advice. Don't take ANYTHING for granted in this. It COULD be that her mental status has created the illusion of the problem, and it COULD be that she's telling the truth. You can't possibly know which it is, so it's by far the best to just take the reports as given, and not draw conclusions based on appearances or assumptions. That's one of the things that makes these situations so difficult to know what to say or do in them. If she's reached out to you, it's because she trusts you, and desperately needs help. You just can't know what to think right now, so ... don't assume anything unless you come to know what's true and what's not. Just let her know you care and be a friend she can dump her feelings out on when and if she needs to. That's a great asset to anyone with mental/emotional problems that's of inestimable value to them. And don't ever lie to her, but tell her the simple truth, but do it in a genuinely caring way. That's all you CAN do right now, but don't think it's not very crucial to her at this point. Things always work out somehow, for better or worse, and we're not in control of that. Just let her dump the "poison" out, so she doesn't have to keep it locked up inside her, and let the pros do the heavy lifting here.

One thing you might do is find a really good counselor who knows how to ferret out the truth in these situations. They're not common, so it'll be a real trial finding one you believe you and she can trust.

Other than that, you might try praying with her for courage and stamina, and the complacency to bear whatever pain she's feeling. There may well be some meds a psychiatrist may be able to prescribe for her that can help dull the pain. Mostly, she just needs a real friend, and one she can trust. As stated above, don't ever violate her trust, but it's OK to press her to let you do things on her behalf.

Then, just pray for a good result, and for your own stamina and steadfastness through this. That's all you can do, really. God bless you and her and your efforts on her behalf. Good men who are trustworthy enough to have earned her respect enough for her to trust you in this are rare. It's not easy being "a rock," but it SURE is important! God bless you both, and all concerned.

Hickok
04-02-2017, 04:28 PM
Father, the young lady that davidheart is referring to is in need of the kind of healing that only you can supply. Please guide her toward the healing that will restore her relationship that she use to have with her family. Please be with the family and help them to understand their daughter and offer her the support that she so desperately need. Father, mental illness is one of the most difficult to deal with as well as to cure. Please allow this young lady to see the path that she needs to take to be healed while allowing the parents to see the path that they need to take to support and help their daughter heal. AMENIn the Name of our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus Amen and Amen!