PDA

View Full Version : Subsonic

FUDD
11-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Does anyone load sub-sonic for 8mm Mauser rifles using lead boolits?...whose mould will cast a plainbased boolit for said rifle?

Buckshot
11-07-2005, 10:28 PM
..........Hey Fudd! :D Gotcher e-mail and a hearty welcome aboard! There are a few commercial casters around offering PB 32-40 boolits @ .323".

.............Buckshot

jaystuw
11-08-2005, 03:01 AM
Hi Fudd,
Yes, I do. But for plinking, not tack-driving accuracy. Is that what you are looking for?
-JOHN

FUDD
11-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Yeah, I just wanna burn some powder and reuse my lead...I got past bragging on what I can hit from where, now I just do it...
FUDD

jaystuw
11-12-2005, 02:01 AM
Fudd-
If you like to shoot, and just have fun, sub-sonics are the the way to go. I find myself putting hundreds or even thousands of rounds thru rifles that I would use only a handfull of times with full power ammo. For instance, I can shoot my 1888 commission carbine (a hundred or more rounds) and not have to endure the muzzle blast or recoil that these little guys are notorious for. Plus, I don't feel like I'm overworking or pushing my luck with safety with this 113 year old rifle. The big slow moving bullets still seem to hit pretty hard down range too. Which is great when you are plinking, I hate it when you shoot stuff with the 22 and nothing seems to happen.
John