PDA

View Full Version : Western Bullet Company?

trophyoftexas
03-16-2017, 01:46 PM
l am new to the forum and joined to see if anyone knows about this company. I've tried to contact them by phone and e-mail with zero success. They make/made a 41 Colt bullet that I'd like to order and if no longer in business I will need some further assistance, thanks!

shaner
03-16-2017, 03:47 PM
I used a truck load of them .but haven't seen or heard of them in a long time.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Outpost75
03-16-2017, 04:17 PM
Accurate Molds can cut you a heeled one for .41 Colt.

smkummer
03-16-2017, 06:08 PM
I make and sell Lyman's 356177 heeled bullet. Soft cast at about 194 grains and comes out at least .408 diameter. Should be a pic in the WTS section. .10 each. I have put 500 in a small flat rate shipping for 7.15 but the one time I did, the box arrived in TX from Indian broke open. The buyer did get most of his bullets and I'll make it right. If I send that many again, I will double box and wrap wrapping tap over the entire box. The other 3 orders of 300 in a flat rate box arrived fine. Let me know.

Sean357
03-16-2017, 10:14 PM
I'd say he's still in business, at least from the fact that the web site layout changed from the last time I looked at it about 2 months ago. I haven't ordered from there but do know getting ahold of someone is pretty hard.
But I'd also say smkummer has the better deal.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MstrEddy
04-05-2017, 03:10 PM
I don't post here much, but have followed some of the threads.
I would caution you before you order from them, if it's not too late.
I am still trying to have some type of communication from Western Bullet company from an order placed on January 16 of this year.
Order Status Confirmation

Order Status:

Tracking:

Order Date:

01/16/2017

Order Number:

WBC-4160

I have sent several emails inquiring on the order/ship status with no response. Dialing the number listed on their contact page rings forever. No answer, no message, no answering machine. Nothing.
Emails have been sent to orders, Jon (owner), info email boxes. I have referenced the order number. I have replied to the order confirmation email. All to no avail.
I had actually emailed the info address to ask about the bullets before placing the order and had a response. So, I ordered, paid via Paypal on their Yahoo merchant page. And it stopped there.
At this point I am out $61 as I can't recover it from Paypal.

I found this thread after another search for Western Bullets to see if I could find an alternate means of contacting them.

Dschu48
04-26-2017, 08:24 PM
:-xWestern Bullet CO. P.O.Box 998, 904 Kensington Ave., Missoula, MT 59806 (406-728-4801) should be avoided.

Short version;
- un responsive
- no confirmation of orders placed
- do not return emails
- do not respond to calls at the listed phone number (406-728-4801)

Long Version;
Originally, in search of a "Collar Button" bullet (0.457 Dia / 190 Gr weight) vendor Vs casting my self.

Tried several other ways of communicating with Western Bullet all to no avail.
1 - contacted Missoula Chamber Of Commerce "Not a member". they do not know who runs the co.
2 - contacted Missoula "Municipal Court" talked to Stacy - 406-552-6180, she stated they are a ligitimate business , she suggested the "BBB".
3 - contacted the Missoula Police 406-552-6300, said they know of the biz. location "..a small plaza", suggested going to Civil Claims court
4 - filed complaint with "BBB" in Spokane Wa. BBB N. W., Spokane, WA 406-303-3296 or 509-455-4200 (The rulling BBB district office for Missoula.)

If you Google Earth the street address you will see Western Bullett is a store front in a small plaza just behind the "Kings Christian Church" with other small Biz. on both sides "Master Barber' and on the other side "Garden Mother Herbs".

5 - called the "Garden Mother Herb shop" they say hardley anyone ever there.

If your trying to do business with Western Bullet Co. you may find it difficult to impossible as I did. If you find that your credit card was charged, suggest you go to small claims court listed above. "BBB" cannot force Western Bullett Co to do anything.

Blackwater
04-27-2017, 08:47 PM
I think the fellow who is effectively WBC is old, with health problems. I've seen some questions before about his being unresponsive, and I think it was because he was in the hospital or abed with his infirmities. All who've used his bullets report they're very good, but it's wise to know that he's doing his best, and I believe he's fullfilled his end on all delayed orders that the buyers didn't cancel out on.

He seems to be a really good caster, but just has some health problems that he has no control over. He also doesn't seem to be much into explaining himself, and just lets those who keep their orders in get them ASAP and doesn't worry about the cancelled orders. He seems to have all the business he can fulfill, because of his good bullets. FWIW????

MT Gianni
04-27-2017, 10:08 PM
Jon is in his early 40's.

Dschu48
04-27-2017, 11:38 PM
This is a "lack luster" vendor that cannot be relied upon. He may have supplied some - however I and others have had no "0" response! Better to go to a vendor who is responsible in business - or - cast your own! In deference to customers is NOT a hallmark of a good business.

End of discussion.

Wayne Smith
04-28-2017, 07:21 AM
For all things heeled boolits - among many others, I recommend Old West Bullet Molds. Bernie knows his stuff and will work with you.

TexasGrunt
04-28-2017, 08:25 AM
:-xWestern Bullet CO. P.O.Box 998, 904 Kensington Ave., Missoula, MT 59806 (406-728-4801) should be avoided.

Short version;
- un responsive
- no confirmation of orders placed
- do not return emails
- do not respond to calls at the listed phone number (406-728-4801)

Long Version;
Originally, in search of a "Collar Button" bullet (0.457 Dia / 190 Gr weight) vendor Vs casting my self.

Tried several other ways of communicating with Western Bullet all to no avail.
1 - contacted Missoula Chamber Of Commerce "Not a member". they do not know who runs the co.
2 - contacted Missoula "Municipal Court" talked to Stacy - 406-552-6180, she stated they are a ligitimate business , she suggested the "BBB".
3 - contacted the Missoula Police 406-552-6300, said they know of the biz. location "..a small plaza", suggested going to Civil Claims court
4 - filed complaint with "BBB" in Spokane Wa. BBB N. W., Spokane, WA 406-303-3296 or 509-455-4200 (The rulling BBB district office for Missoula.)

If you Google Earth the street address you will see Western Bullett is a store front in a small plaza just behind the "Kings Christian Church" with other small Biz. on both sides "Master Barber' and on the other side "Garden Mother Herbs".

5 - called the "Garden Mother Herb shop" they say hardley anyone ever there.

If your trying to do business with Western Bullet Co. you may find it difficult to impossible as I did. If you find that your credit card was charged, suggest you go to small claims court listed above. "BBB" cannot force Western Bullett Co to do anything.

I don't think you understand how small claims court works. You have to file in the COUNTY/CITY. In this case you would file in Missoula MT.

Dschu48
04-29-2017, 01:10 PM
correct - see my note #2 above, "2 - contacted Missoula "Municipal Court" talked to Stacy - 406-552-6180, " she suggested BBB first! if no resolve then back to Missoula Municipal. you can call Stacy if you have had a similar experience and wish to file a small claims.

Blackwater
04-29-2017, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the info, MT Gianni. Did the old man die finally, and is the 40 yr. old his son or something? I only dealt with him once, IIRC, and his bullets were very good. Have only read about him since. I read that he'd been in the hospital for an extended stay when he didn't respond for some time on a couple of occasions. Getting someone to cast FOR you is always going to incur an element of risk, and especially so when dealing long-distance. Everyone I ever heard speak of him who actually knew him said he was a straight up guy. Just had those health problems, and was, at least at one time, pretty much a one man show, so when he was hospitalized, orders couldn't be filled, and of course as anyone who's ever been hospitalized, through no real fault of his own.

I just hate to see a good man criticized for having health problems, really. But I don't know anything about this young 40ish fellow. Bullets and sporting stuff is pretty unique in that the scam artists are few and far between, but they DO exist, of course. There's a few bad apples in every barrel. His 168 gr Keigh .358" bullets sure were nice, and shot VERY well.

MT Gianni
04-30-2017, 11:39 PM
Jon is the only owner I have known and knew him well from 1994-2006 when I left Missoula. He has a great wife who is a shooter with little or no interest in his business. Also a twin brother about the same disinterest.

toolness1
05-07-2017, 11:40 PM
Wish I would have seen this thread before I ordered. Order placed 4.23 and haven't heard anything. It hasn't been that long, and I'm patient, but things don't look good.

MstrEddy
05-23-2017, 10:53 PM
Well, as of today 5/23/17 absolute zero contact or bullets from Western Bullet. I may try the small claims route, but I wonder if the time involved will be worth the $61.

More importantly, does anyone know any good/reputable/responsible source for the Lyman #266673 6.5 140 gr. gas checked bullets?

hawkenhunter50
05-25-2017, 11:47 PM
i have placed a few orders, 2 or 3, with him. not much in the way of communication, but i always did receive my orders and was happy with what i got. i do remember 1 order took real long to get, was starting to feel like i got had, then the order showed. last order i placed was probably 6-8 months ago. hope you get what you ordered.

BrassMagnet
05-27-2017, 08:52 AM
Well, as of today 5/23/17 absolute zero contact or bullets from Western Bullet. I may try the small claims route, but I wonder if the time involved will be worth the $61.

More importantly, does anyone know any good/reputable/responsible source for the Lyman #266673 6.5 140 gr. gas checked bullets?

Follow this link to a CastBoolits thread on a mould chart:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?17559-Lyman-Mold-Chart-Via-Ol-Buffalo-Bullet-Co&highlight=buffalo+bullet+chart

Then follow the link in post one to the actual chart.

Then print it if you can or at least save the link in your favorites.

266673 is a 150 grain boolit and 266469 is a 140 grain boolit.
NOE also has a great assortment of moulds in 264 which include oversize moulds just in case your 264 is generous in dimensions.

sparky45
05-27-2017, 09:41 AM
http://www.three-peaks.net/bullet_molds.htm
It's the old buffalo mold chart.

Preacher Jim
05-27-2017, 09:43 AM
Alot of shooters here use Missouri bullet company. They have a photo display of each bullet on webb site.

Oklahoma Rebel
05-27-2017, 02:18 PM
instead of relying on others, why not learn to cast?? then you will never have to worry about bullets,

shooterg
05-28-2017, 10:08 AM
Don't care for 'em but I thought PP was 'sposed to be good on claims from buyers ?

sparky45
05-28-2017, 01:51 PM
PP has ALWAYS helped me on sellers that don't deliver or deliver the wrong or incomplete item(s).

Clark
06-02-2017, 08:15 PM
With this email I have ordered from Western Bullet in 2012, 2014, and 2015.
I have been ordering a lot longer, but the records are hard to pull up.

I have always been very happy with Western Bullet.

Here is a pic of a 41 Colt made in 1901.
I got this at a 2013 gunshow when someone's uncle died.o
It locks up tight, so I was afraid if I got some heeled bullets I would shoot it lose.

toolness1
06-11-2017, 06:50 AM
I'm at 7 weeks with no response so far.

I've sent three emails and called many times with no answer.

I see their ordering system is still sucking in people's money, so that's crazy if nobody is running the place yet they are still taking orders two months at least after all communication stopped.

I am sure PayPal has had some complaints by now, wouldn't you think? Why don't they shut it down???

I told him in my last email that I will have to contact paypal if I don't hear back and that if there is a health problem, I will be OK to wait longer. I just need communication.

I don't think there's anybody on the other end even reading these emails, however.

toolness1
06-11-2017, 06:09 PM
Opened a case with PayPal and got a notice a shipping label was created within 12 hours.

That's pretty shady. But hopefully I'll be getting my order and some decent bullets.

I still never got a reply to my email or an explanation.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

toolness1
06-11-2017, 09:57 PM
instead of relying on others, why not learn to cast?? then you will never have to worry about bullets,

The reason I ordered from them is to try out bullets from 3 different NOE molds and see how my particular rifles like them. If they do, I'll buy the molds.

On a Lee mold, I'll take a chance. But NOE molds are expensive!!!!

I couldn't find any other place selling bullets from those particular molds.

tdoyka
06-11-2017, 10:56 PM
i'd try

http://bullshop.weebly.com/bullets.html

i like them.

toolness1
06-15-2017, 11:27 AM
Well, I got my order today. As I feared, they don't look too great. Obviously done in a major hurry, lots of them have poor fill and wrinkles from the mold not being proper temperature. The lube job is pretty horrific as well.

I would avoid this company at all costs, even if you do happen to get your order, it's probably going to look quite ugly.