PDA

View Full Version : my dog is a killer

rancher1913
03-15-2017, 10:04 PM
got a new puppy for Christmas, half border collie and half red heeler, he has been getting better about watching for rabbits and tries to catch them but he is usually too slow. well today we were in the cow barn and spooked up a rabbit, the rabbit started running in circles and "muttly" was hot on his heels, they must have made 20 laps, sometimes going one way then the other. kept encouraging him, and the rabbit was to dumb to go out the barn door so he finally got caught, fur was flying and all kinds of growls, when it was all done "muttly" picked up his prize and pranced out the door.

smokeywolf
03-15-2017, 10:11 PM
MMMM! Bunny wabbit is one of Timber's (my avatar) favorite foods.

shoot-n-lead
03-15-2017, 10:18 PM
Well, it appears you got the wrong kind of rabbits.

starmac
03-15-2017, 11:00 PM
My mother used to have a hound ***** that would catch rabbits on a regular basis and feed them to her pups. It was interesting watching her, she would skin the rabbit before giving it to the pups.

10-x
03-16-2017, 09:05 AM
Our current Grey ran down a rabbit( rusty) one night, three passes in the back yard. He was proud and I praised him gave him lots a petting and scratching. Next morning wife asked what was that horrible noise last night. Told her " Your son" got rusty. " why didnt you stop him? Told her sure, stop 75 pound Greyhound going 45 mph.....LOL