PDA

View Full Version : Winchester M70 30-06 for 250 NIB

HickoryCreek
11-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Should I get this. Walmart is discontinuing carrying this gun so its marked down to 250. I can't hunt with a rifle where I live. But, on the other hand it is very cheap, and I will likely not be able to pick one up for this cheap the rest of my life if I do ever want one. I'm so confused :groner: tell me what to do.

StarMetal
11-07-2005, 01:55 PM
That sure is a yesteryear price. What's the other details...like stock, etc.?

Joe

HickoryCreek
11-07-2005, 02:25 PM
It is a black synthetic stock. Sorry I am not too sure how to clarify if their are varying types of sythetic stock styles. It also has no name scope on it. I just talked to my brother, and he wants one too. They only had two so I'm going back in to get em here in a little bit. [smilie=w:

StarMetal
11-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Hey, with a scope too, hell can't beat that price...go get it, get the heck off the pc and rush out, but drive careful. It's okay with the "boss" right?

Joe

HickoryCreek
11-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Hey, with a scope too, hell can't beat that price...go get it, get the heck off the pc and rush out, but drive careful. It's okay with the "boss" right?

Joe

I got 'em both. They are nice, the scope on it is a Simmons eight point 3-9x. The best I can find out about that is its a $40 scope. Certainly good enough for me "right now". Since I had no intentions of getting this gun 24 hours ago. Knock that price off the gun and its like I got it for $200 :grin:
Not bad for a new winchester 70 in 30-06 :bigsmyl2: So now my brother and I both own these new rifles :redneck: It was alright with the "boss" :grin: We both get $50 every week for our fun money. I save mine all the time so getting it was not an issue there. Whether I needed it or not was. But who cares about needing a new gun right? [smilie=w: [smilie=w: I got a new gun! [smilie=w:

HickoryCreek
11-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Might one to check walmart in your areas. I asked why they were getting rid of them so cheap and they said cause the big office said to. They get rid of some every year about this time of year. They had (key word here had) a Remington 1187 for 300 regulary 600+. I don't need another shotgun though anyway. But like I said need has nothing to do with it.

fourarmed
11-08-2005, 11:58 AM
I bought second hand a Walmart M-70 in .270, and it is the most accurate rifle I own. I got rid of the Simmons scope and moved a 2.5-8 Leupold from my other .270. Also found an actual bargain at Cabela's: an $80 HS Precision stock that someone had tried to glass bed and botched. This is one awesome shooter now. I'm carrying around a 3-shot, 200 yard group that is under a half-inch.

9.3X62AL
11-08-2005, 12:13 PM
One of more pleasant surprises I've gotten lately was a push-feed Win Model 670 bolt rifle in 30-06 I bought from a board member earlier this year. It was intended as a cast boolit project, but did so well with 165 grain Ballistic Tips that it went with me to Alberta as a back-up rifle. Now that deer seson is concluded locally, I have de-coppered its bore for the 311291's that need a little bench time.