PDA

View Full Version : Primer tin

waarp8nt
03-15-2017, 11:46 AM
I don't know much history on these, however I attempted to add one to my collection this weekend. Upon asking the gentleman at the show insisted on opening get it to show me it had primers. Against me plea requesting that I just want to buy it, I do not care about the contents...he crushed it. Maybe next time?!?

Kent Fowler
03-20-2017, 03:39 PM
I don't know much history on these, however I attempted to add one to my collection this weekend. Upon asking the gentleman at the show insisted on opening get it to show me it had primers. Against me plea requesting that I just want to buy it, I do not care about the contents...he crushed it. Maybe next time?!?

Never understood why so many gun show dealers are so ignorant about old ammo boxes and things like this. I've seen many a desirable box get ruined because some idiot put a adhesive price sticker on it that will peel the paint off the box. And they think I'm crazy when I only offer them 5 or 10 bucks for it. I tell them, " you just ruined a 125.00 box when you put that price sticker on it"

Mytmousemalibu
03-20-2017, 03:57 PM
Or some imbecile writes on it with a pen or sharpie.....

Hardcast416taylor
03-20-2017, 09:41 PM
Actually saw a `yahoo` of a table selling unopened boxes of late 1950`s era paper shotshells with a knife nearly slicing the lid almost off! `You just want the shells anyway` was his response to my sputtering. You just can`t cure stoopid!Robert

Kent Fowler
03-21-2017, 04:17 PM
A perfect example of what I'm talking about in the Vintage Shot shell threads. This box was probably in the $35 to$ 40 range and now it's not worth the price on the sticker.