PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck or better yet....

Boaz
03-10-2017, 09:37 PM
I'll try to keep it short , My brother in law's uncle Julian (his fathers brother) is 96 years old . Have seen him many times in the past , he has 6 children , a Catholic and a dang good man . Me and him have always enjoyed each other , lot of cuttin up and mutual appreciation of our Lord .
I found out tonight he has been put in a nursing home in Gainsville Tx , bout 120 miles from me . I'm leaving early in the morning to see him .

Wish me 'luck' or pray for him , he is in bad shape . 8 years ago at my sister and brother in laws 42 wedding anniversary I was asked to give a prayer before the meal . Julian and me were talking before hand , hadn't seen each other for 5-6 years . He asked if he might share giving thanks to our Lord through prayer . I saw it meant a lot to him and told him to do it , I came unprepared (lol, a lie) . Julian did a better prayer than I ever could have ....With love and great feeling . Good man , a lawyer , did so much charity work. A true believer .
Don't know what will happen at this visit but I hope for the most . He has a failing memory from what I am told .
Thank you .

rancher1913
03-10-2017, 10:40 PM
have a safe trip are you sure you can trust prairie girl to stay out of trouble while you are gone.

LAH
03-10-2017, 10:54 PM
Hope all went well for you.

buckwheatpaul
03-11-2017, 09:10 AM
Father please protect Charlie while is traveling to and returning from his visit with Julian. Please let Charlie get to Julian in time to have a good visit and enjoy their company. Father, since I have known Charlie he has always done the right thing. Please grant my prayer. AMEN.....

Pine Baron
03-11-2017, 09:20 AM
Father please protect Charlie while is traveling to and returning from his visit with Julian. Please let Charlie get to Julian in time to have a good visit and enjoy their company. Father, since I have known Charlie he has always done the right thing. Please grant my prayer. AMEN.....
Amen.

GhostHawk
03-11-2017, 09:29 AM
Have a good trip brother!

USMC87
03-11-2017, 10:08 AM
Be safe and prayers for Julian.

Boaz
03-11-2017, 07:02 PM
Been there and back . Went well as could be expected . A good man will be with our Lord soon . A situation to rejoice . His faith is strong . Thank you for your prayer . Pray for him that his remaining time here is an easy passing to the next . Thank you !

shoot-n-lead
03-11-2017, 07:08 PM
Prayer sent for both of you.