PDA

View Full Version : Of dacron, wives and "deals".....

Larry Gibson
07-06-2008, 04:37 PM
The wife had a 50% off coupon of JoAnns (sewing and fabric store) burning a hole in her pocket so as she headed out the door i asked her to get me some dacron sheet batting. She's cut enough up for me so she knows the thickness. Well she came back with a 10 yard roll of it! That ought to last me a while even with the number of loads I use dacron it! I use dacron as a filler instead of a wad and most often use 3/4, 1 or 1 1/2 grs of it in a case over the powder depending size of case and loading density of the powder. I also only use it with medium or slow burning rifle powders. I do not use a wad or filler with the fast throught slow burning pistol powders (basically Bullseye up through 4198, 5744 or 4759). I cut a 3/4, 1 and 1 1/2 gr squares and keep them on my postboard for reference when cutting the dacron into squares. I eye ball the cutting as exact weight of dacron seems to have no measureable effect.

Anyways the wife did me right with the dacron so I can't complain about the other material she "saved" me money on........I think I was had.......

Larry Gibson

copdills
07-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Great Idea using batting as a filler, I use cream of wheat sometimes in my 45 lc's

No_1
07-06-2008, 06:18 PM
She is a good woman Larry, next time she goes out ask her to stop buy the tire shop and pick up some wheel weights. Women seem to be able to get them easier AND cheaper than I can. Don't ask me how I know.... Nevemind, I will tell you. I went with the wife to the local Bj's (like a SAM'S club) and while she was shopping I ask the tire guy if they had any weights. He had them but was saving them for a fishing friend. I offered to buy them but he said no. When the wife was done shopping I ask her to walk over to the tire shop while I loaded the car and ask for the weights. When I got around there, the guy was bringing them outside for her and even loaded them in the back of the van. He was so busy trying to make time with her he never noticed me in the driver seat.

R.

The wife had a 50% off coupon of JoAnns (sewing and fabric store) burning a hole in her pocket so as she headed out the door i asked her to get me some dacron sheet batting. She's cut enough up for me so she knows the thickness. Well she came back with a 10 yard roll of it! That ought to last me a while even with the number of loads I use dacron it! I use dacron as a filler instead of a wad and most often use 3/4, 1 or 1 1/2 grs of it in a case over the powder depending size of case and loading density of the powder. I also only use it with medium or slow burning rifle powders. I do not use a wad or filler with the fast throught slow burning pistol powders (basically Bullseye up through 4198, 5744 or 4759). I cut a 3/4, 1 and 1 1/2 gr squares and keep them on my postboard for reference when cutting the dacron into squares. I eye ball the cutting as exact weight of dacron seems to have no measureable effect.

Anyways the wife did me right with the dacron so I can't complain about the other material she "saved" me money on........I think I was had.......

Larry Gibson

Reloader06
07-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Now that's funny!

randyrat
07-06-2008, 08:37 PM
No 1 ..... Yor pimping for WWs................ What a great idea!

jhrosier
07-06-2008, 09:02 PM
When me and the missus were first married, I had a crappy car that was way out of alignment after an accident, and a crappy low paying job. Tires only lasted a few weeks and the junk yard would sell me tires for $20. They sold them to her for $10 and mounted them on the rims for free. Neither of us ever questioned taking advantage of their over active imaginations.
The missus is a former firefighter and semi-pro football player. She`s studied martial arts and shoots her own AK47. Pretty much knows how to hold her own.:drinks:

Jack