PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
03-05-2017, 09:19 AM
Then will I go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the harp, O God, my God” (Psalm 43:4). “With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation” (Isaiah 12:3).

Scripture Focus: Psalm 42

David knew joy as well as deep turmoil and sorrow. He experienced both fear and joy protecting sheep as a young shepherd. He had slain the enemy giant Goliath and had led many military coups. The music of his harp had quieted the tormented King Saul, but the king later chased him and forced him to hide in caves. While being taunted by his enemies, his thoughts turned to the joy he felt when worshiping God in Jerusalem.

The simile in the first two verses of Psalm 42 pictures our deep need to find God and to enjoy a personal relationship with Him. Imagine a deer's desperate search for water, a need that often takes it across busy highways. Just as the animal craves, searches, and finds water, so we need to crave, aggressively pursue, and find God. Our need for God is far greater than a deer's need for water.

A popular praise song from these verses identifies Jesus as the Joy Giver. We know the source of joy. Will we pursue joy or only gather information about its availability?

Insight: The “heavenly container” of joy is bottomless. Don't believe the lie that joy is only for some people. Draw on your heavenly supply today.

USMC87
03-05-2017, 09:26 AM
Amen, A great lesson for the start of the day.

GhostHawk
03-05-2017, 09:28 AM
Ohhh thou good and faithful servant, well done.

Pine Baron
03-05-2017, 09:33 AM
Thank you, rl. Excellent.

Boaz
03-05-2017, 11:26 AM
Thank you rl69 ! GOD wants us to be joyful and enjoy your life through him . That he is the source of joy is undeniable .

buckwheatpaul
03-05-2017, 02:07 PM
rl69, Craving God and His grace and love is a motivator that true believers seek and receive freely when you come onto Him. Thanks for the lesson and well said brother....Paul