PDA

View Full Version : The new administration has overturned the lead bullet ban on Federal Lands

Dale53
03-03-2017, 10:27 AM
It appears our new Interior Secretary is a REAL outdoorsman:

http://www.emergencyemail.org/newsemergency/anmviewer.asp?a=7394&z=1

hallelujah!!
Dale53

JBinMN
03-03-2017, 11:11 AM
Good!

bedbugbilly
03-03-2017, 11:30 AM
Too bad they couldn't overturn the last eight years . . . .

Good news though and it's also good news that a lot of other "restrictions" are being lifted that have put a crimp on everything from farming to construction, etc.

Nobody likes to see anyone loose their job but all of these Federal employees who were hired in to cushy jobs to enforce all the the restrictions should not be let go - they should be transferred to a newly created FDPW - standing for Federal Department of Public Works - and put to work on cleaning up the roadsides, fixing the roads, etc. Once they have passed a proficiency test that they can actually do the work, the make them supervisors and put the college students to work during the summer and let their labor go towards college tuition . . but I guess it's unrealistic to expect those that have never worked for a living or done any manual work other than push a computer keyboard or the buttons on a cell phone to actually do something constructive.

jmort
03-03-2017, 11:41 AM
Great start. So much good is being done. The swamp is being drained, it short order it appears. If we could just 8 years of this, I agree with the notion that we can Make America Great Again.

OS OK
03-03-2017, 12:20 PM
"Yaaahoooh! That light at the end of the tunnel really isn't a train!"

clum553946
03-03-2017, 03:49 PM
Too bad he can't force California to lift their lead bullet ban!

abunaitoo
03-03-2017, 04:41 PM
It's a great start.
Something to build on.

Texas by God
03-03-2017, 04:59 PM
Yes it is but Californians can if they quit electing idiots. Or don't comply and call it civil disobedience. For a state that purports to be the bastion of tolerance-it ain't. I love California but as a free raised Texan I just don't get it. Too many rules.

smoked turkey
03-03-2017, 06:06 PM
It is good to see some common sense returning to Washington DC. As others have said, it appears that from President Trump on down, it will be promises made, promises kept. Now isn't that a breath of fresh air?

MaryB
03-03-2017, 10:48 PM
He did on federal land in CA!

Teddy (punchie)
03-04-2017, 06:49 AM
Too bad they couldn't overturn the last eight years . . . .

Good news though and it's also good news that a lot of other "restrictions" are being lifted that have put a crimp on everything from farming to construction, etc.

Nobody likes to see anyone loose their job but all of these Federal employees who were hired in to cushy jobs to enforce all the the restrictions should not be let go - they should be transferred to a newly created FDPW - standing for Federal Department of Public Works - and put to work on cleaning up the roadsides, fixing the roads, etc. Once they have passed a proficiency test that they can actually do the work, the make them supervisors and put the college students to work during the summer and let their labor go towards college tuition . . but I guess it's unrealistic to expect those that have never worked for a living or done any manual work other than push a computer keyboard or the buttons on a cell phone to actually do something constructive.

You said a month full there. Way too many people have no idea, non, non even close. What it is too work hard. Maybe some of work too hard.

44man
03-04-2017, 09:21 AM
We see it here with county workers on the roads. One or two working and 10 standing around watching. It is nothing but welfare under another name.

jonp
03-04-2017, 09:22 AM
What do you expect from a guy that showed up to work on his first day riding a horse?

quilbilly
03-04-2017, 11:58 AM
I woke up this morning with a smile thinking about this. It has been a long time since the feds did anything to make me smile.

starmac
03-04-2017, 03:55 PM
He did on federal land in CA!

It will be curious to see how that plays out.
How much federal land is in Cali that hunting is allowed on.

richmanpoorman
03-05-2017, 03:09 PM
California can not be ignored for hunting because of it’s 20 million acres of National Forests and 15 million acres of BLM lands. Over a third (38%) of the state appears to be available for public hunting, but we also can’t ignore California’s huge population (37 million) which drops the hunt-able acres to 1 acre per person. If you hunt in California, just hope everyone in L.A. stays home. My last trip to California was not a hunting trip, but we saw some amazing country. I also have to admit that I’ve never been so glad to get back home from a trip. There were just too many people for me.

mummer1973
03-05-2017, 06:28 PM
good to hear... but i have a question will the gun fight be a back and forth battle forever?

starmac
03-05-2017, 07:46 PM
good to hear... but i have a question will the gun fight be a back and forth battle forever?

Always has been, I don't suspect it will change.