PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye

Boaz
03-01-2017, 11:59 PM
I lost a friend . His name was John . John was introduced and made known to me by a member of this Chapel . That member is a good man but I will not call his name (but I wish he would help tell John's story hint hint), he drove 800 miles round trip with two of John's friends to attend a 30 min memorial service . They honored their friend . GOD is working in their lives .

John was a great guy . Hunter , fisherman , gunsmith ...we hit it off in a few min's ! We had a good time , he was 87 years old , retired Air Force ...Great stories ! John loved I Hop and a Chinese buffet . We talked about our kids , life , our failings , heck to get old lol , and we talked about GOD . John was a believer . We prayed each time we met .

He was weak when I met him , he continued to decline physically. I brought him to the house on the 4'th of July , he tore up a ribeye and I know he loved watermelon ! He wore out before dark so I took him home wishing he could have stayed for the fireworks .

I knew John only 9 months , he had his own house . Moved to assisted living , died in a nursing home . It was a blur in time , he was gone so fast . I tried to visit him every 3 days ..more or less as time permitted . I knew he was declining quickly . I visited him last Friday , I layed my hand on his shoulder and softly called his name , he tried to rally and talk . He was tired , I told him to rest , I held his hand and prayed as he went back to sleep . I went back Sunday from church , when I walked in his room the bed was stripped and his oxygen tubing was in the trash can . I sat down and prayed . I knew John had gone home . I will miss him .

shoot-n-lead
03-02-2017, 12:05 AM
Sorry for everyone's loss.

rancher1913
03-02-2017, 12:09 AM
he had you for a friend when he needed it most, he is in a better place, keep up the good work.

Teddy (punchie)
03-02-2017, 12:10 AM
Sounds like a great guy has past. Praying for comfort to all he knew.

WILCO
03-02-2017, 12:14 AM
Thanks for sharing Boaz. Stay strong.

dverna
03-02-2017, 12:18 AM
Very sorry for the loss of your friend.

buckwheatpaul
03-02-2017, 08:12 AM
Charlie, ministering and witnessing is what you and we do in "Our Chapel" and I thank God for this group of men and women that pray and help others that generally they do not know but step up to the challenge when God calls us to do so. Paul

missionary5155
03-02-2017, 08:31 AM
Good morning
And one fine day the meeting will be just the start of eternity.
Mike in Peru

GhostHawk
03-02-2017, 08:37 AM
Charlie I am sorry for your loss. I like you believe that John is walking with the LORD. For him this is an end to pain, fear, and he is near our Lord.

Your turn will come in its time. I suspect John will be waiting for you. Eager to show you all the cool things.

He is Risen! Death has lost its sting.

USMC87
03-02-2017, 09:02 AM
Very sorry for your loss Charlie.

Boaz
03-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Very sorry for your loss Charlie.

I thank you USMC87 , you and your family have known much loss of late . It is still on my mind the separation and loss of loved ones close to you .
I posted Johns passing as a testimonial to him ...a good man . I am glad he is home with the Lord . His Lord had prepared a place for him . He has achieved victory over this life , he has earned his crown . His tears are wiped away and his questions answered . John told me many times he was ready to go . He never complained though he suffered at the end ...he tried to comfort me . We all suffer to lose a good man . Praise GOD for these good men that we know them , they build us up .

buckwheatpaul
03-02-2017, 01:47 PM
I met John when I was Sheriff and he was required to bring me some federal forms when someone bought more than two guns at one time. We immediately hit it off and we began having breakfast several times a week and I introduce him to the HAWKS, a 2nd amendment group, and he became an active member. He would come over to my home and my wife was taken by his good nature and ramrod straight demeanor and attitude. You could tell that he was retired Air Force. He loved his wife that had passed and he loved his daughters and grand children. We would talk about fishing, hunting, casting, and camping.

John was a very good gun smith and a very good gun salesman. It is unknown how many people bought guns from him over the 10 years that I knew him.....myself included. I cant tell you how sad I was when he decided to move up to Wichita Falls to be with his oldest sister. We talked several times a week and went to visit John as often as I could .... but I am guilty of introducing John to Charlie and I can not tell you how proud I am that I did. John would talk about going out with Charlie and Charlie was trying to find him a church to go to that was close to his assisted living facility when he began to rapidly decline in health. He bragged about the 4th of July with Charlie and his daughter as well as when Charlie would just drop in or they would go out to eat. I truly thank God for both of these men that have come into my life. One is now gone on to be with our Lord and one is still here to help me and you through those difficult times we all face. John, I will miss you! Charlie, I will always be grateful for all you did for John. Your Servant. Paul

Pine Baron
03-02-2017, 02:00 PM
God seemed to have been working overtime on this one.

nagantguy
03-02-2017, 02:24 PM
Your both good men and your friend has gone before you to help prepare a place for you at the table! Thanks for sharing that gentleman! A man is never as tall and mighty as he is when he stops to look after/take care of those in need!

Hardcast416taylor
03-02-2017, 03:26 PM
So sorry for the loss of a good friend. My hope is to have the same type of friends when I shed this cloak of life.Robert

Boaz
03-02-2017, 07:47 PM
I met John when I was Sheriff and he was required to bring me some federal forms when someone bought more than two guns at one time. We immediately hit it off and we began having breakfast several times a week and I introduce him to the HAWKS, a 2nd amendment group, and he became an active member. He would come over to my home and my wife was taken by his good nature and ramrod straight demeanor and attitude. You could tell that he was retired Air Force. He loved his wife that had passed and he loved his daughters and grand children. We would talk about fishing, hunting, casting, and camping.

John was a very good gun smith and a very good gun salesman. It is unknown how many people bought guns from him over the 10 years that I knew him.....myself included. I cant tell you how sad I was when he decided to move up to Wichita Falls to be with his oldest sister. We talked several times a week and went to visit John as often as I could .... but I am guilty of introducing John to Charlie and I can not tell you how proud I am that I did. John would talk about going out with Charlie and Charlie was trying to find him a church to go to that was close to his assisted living facility when he began to rapidly decline in health. He bragged about the 4th of July with Charlie and his daughter as well as when Charlie would just drop in or they would go out to eat. I truly thank God for both of these men that have come into my life. One is now gone on to be with our Lord and one is still here to help me and you through those difficult times we all face. John, I will miss you! Charlie, I will always be grateful for all you did for John. Your Servant. Paul

Paul , your last line ;
One is now gone on to be with our Lord and one is still here to help me and you through those difficult times we all face. John, I will miss you! Charlie, I will always be grateful for all you did for John. Your Servant. Paul

You gave me trust , you put your friend in my hands . You gave me a new friend never to forget . You profited me through letting me know John . Our bond strengthened through our mutual love and concern for him . To you I am indebted . Thank you

This Chapel where Paul and I met was the catalyst to accomplish work to the glory of GOD and easing the passing of one we both loved . Accidental , fate , happenstance , fluke , 'lucky' , I think not . They say GOD works in mysterious ways and that is true to us with our limited ability to understand our capability to the creator of our universe . But every once in a while you catch a glimpse...only a glimpse of a plan . GOD is real , he is always with us .

castalott
03-02-2017, 08:10 PM
Those that don't believe won't understand how I feel.... Once surrounded by good people and then having a hole in your life can make you think. Why did God surround me with so many good Souls? Did I need that much help...( I probably did and I am so grateful for all the help.)

As much in awe and wonder as I am in the physical world, the Spiritual World is even more amazing...

I would bet good money that Charlie and Buckwheatpaul know the incredible heartache and the incredible Hope such a situation brings....

Love, Mercy, and Thanks to God....

Dale

Boaz
03-02-2017, 11:41 PM
Dale my brother . You work so hard to his glory. May he bless you and comfort you . I thank you for your standing up and you show of faith . GOD be with you ! I love you brother . You have forced me forward .

Hickok
03-04-2017, 09:10 AM
Boaz, a loss for you at his passing, but he is in the presence of the Lord, and other believers from all ages.

I think of my son, Andy, though my heart aches to see him again, I would not want him to leave where he is now, with Jesus Christ our Lord, and all the other saved ones in that great company of believers.

One day, we shall all be united in Christ Jesus.

God's blessing's on you my brother!